Author Topic: USA Cal Club: Round 2  (Read 34596 times)

Offline RandallMcRee

• Frequent Contributor
Re: USA Cal Club: Round 2
« Reply #500 on: August 11, 2019, 02:17:43 am »
Some measurements, zipped, labeled m1-m6...
For first three measurement runs my temperature logging was to a separate file, I then realized how horrible correlating that was with the gpib file and subsequently created a gpib script (thanks CatalinaWow really) to put all-in-one.
So for m4,m5,m6 the file line is <Date, Temperature, Humidity, R6581T, K2001 data>
In all cases K2001 is measuring USA Cal Club FX reference.

m1-m4: R6581T is measuring delta between my in-house LTZ reference and the FX reference. Btw it has never been temperature compensated, unlike the FX. FX is negative lead.

m5,m6: R6581T is measureing delta between Fluke731B and FX reference. FX is negative lead.

Temperature measurement using TI EVM sensor HDC1010.

Bitseeker,TiN: where/can we post to the xdevs site? If so, can we put instructions in the cal club instructions thread?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 02:22:47 am by RandallMcRee »

Online hwj-d

• Frequent Contributor
  • The economy of capitalism has NO social mission!
« Reply #501 on: August 11, 2019, 03:17:44 am »
It has turned into a very busy week at work and so does anybody mind if I don't touch the PX reference? My wife thinks that I am also working on her gardening projects all weekend. Sigh.  :'(

Yes. Me.

Is it so difficult to take at least once a measurement of the PX voltage and the two resistances, and to announce the three values here, yours Win10 chaotics?  :box:  :popcorn:  ;) ;D

I'm waiting for that, since I deliver it back ...
The german goverment has fired his own nation and all his citizens

Offline RandallMcRee

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #502 on: August 11, 2019, 04:18:58 am »
It has turned into a very busy week at work and so does anybody mind if I don't touch the PX reference? My wife thinks that I am also working on her gardening projects all weekend. Sigh.  :'(

Yes. Me.

Is it so difficult to take at least once a measurement of the PX voltage and the two resistances, and to announce the three values here, yours Win10 chaotics?  :box:  :popcorn:  ;) ;D

I'm waiting for that, since I deliver it back ...

Ok, my panic has subsided and I will supply measurements on the R6581T and K2001, tomorrow.

The following users thanked this post: hwj-d

Offline rhb

• Super Contributor
« Reply #503 on: August 11, 2019, 04:56:34 am »
FWIW I have discovered what I think are serious EMI issues in my PX/FX ratio run in addition to Tempduino problems.  I'm still investigating.

I've got the initial analysis of the FX & PX runs done, though I want to recheck them.  I'll start a thread on the subject when they are ready.  Probably late today.

It doesn't take a lot of time to switch references.  The PX is much simpler to connect.  I was super paranoid because of the split supply requirement of the FX.  I must have checked everything 4-5 times before powering up the FX.

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #504 on: August 11, 2019, 07:15:40 am »
Bitseeker,TiN: where/can we post to the xdevs site? If so, can we put instructions in the cal club instructions thread?

Yes, the tutorial section is on my to-do list to add. I'll do that as I port the guide over to PDF.
I TEA.

Offline RandallMcRee

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #505 on: August 13, 2019, 12:10:19 pm »
I have sent the cal club package back to Vindoline.
I have posted all of my raw data and a bit of analysis to the xdevs ftp site per TiN's instructions. Thanks (no icon for gratitude!?  :wtf:)
See directory RandallMcRee and note that there is a ReadMe.txt file there to start with.

I made two charts, using Ulrich's Plotter....

The following users thanked this post: TiN, bitseeker

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #506 on: August 13, 2019, 01:36:50 pm »
Thanks (no icon for gratitude!?  :wtf:)

I guess the closest we currently have is  :-+
I TEA.

Offline tomato

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #507 on: August 13, 2019, 02:37:02 pm »
I made two charts, using Ulrich's Plotter....

Your plots would be easier to digest if you subtracted off the mean (or nominal value) and re-labelled the vertical axis in µV. 

Offline CatalinaWOW

• Super Contributor
« Reply #508 on: August 14, 2019, 10:58:57 am »
After watching all of the logging problems I fired up my system and found myself in failure mode also.  Mine is based on NI GPIB-USB-HS, and after Windows update and NI driver updates it labels mine as "not  a genuine NI product" and refuses to play further.  So far in my research I have found that if I can load the NI 4882_1700f0.exe driver set all will be well, but NI has removed this and earlier versions from its servers "to assure the quality of GPIB data collection".  NI's solution for the problem is for me to buy a genuine NI product (Roughly $1000).  Even though on line reports indicate even buying from authorized NI distributors doesn't guarantee genuine.

I have been using EZGPIB, which requires a working set of 488 drivers.  I am now looking into other options including Python so I can use other low cost adapters.

In Round 1 I added a  TI HDC1010 temp and humidity sensor to the package.  I have logged many tens of hours using this sensor with no glitches.  I have discovered a problem with this sensor which may be why it has been dropped from the club.  In the delivered configuration the sensor is self heated by the microprocessor doing the conversion from the I2C serial interface of the sensor chip to USB resulting in a roughly 1.6 degree error.  I didn't notice this prior to donating the unit.  The board is designed to easily allow separating the sensor with a 5 wire cable.  After doing this modification mine it meets the "typical" specification of 0.2 C error.  On line you can find measurements on two sets of ten of the devices showing a distribution with a one sigma error of roughly 0.1C.  It may be worth resurrecting this device if debugging the Tempduino continues to be a problem.

Offline TiN

• Super Contributor
  • xDevs.com/live - 24/7 lab feed
    • xDevs.com
« Reply #509 on: August 14, 2019, 11:51:08 am »
Now you see why I prefer using Raspberry Pi for data logging any day or night?
Unlike windows environment, you suffer only once (when learn how to setup scripts/logging) instead of every time MS "improves" and "optimizes" your experience.
YouTube | Chat room | Live-cam | Have documentation to share? Upload here! No size limit, firmware dumps, photos.

The following users thanked this post: dr.diesel, bck

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #510 on: August 14, 2019, 02:32:27 pm »
I've been lucky so far. GPIB has continued working on my laptop running Windows 10. However, I do plan on migrating to a standalone RPi or BeagleBone Black/Green logging setup. :-+
I TEA.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf