Author Topic: Metrology Meeting in Stuttgart/Germany  (Read 70694 times)

Offline okti

• Contributor
  • 👨‍👩‍👦‍👦 Father of two wonderful sons, 🧑‍🔬 in electronics.
    • Personal Website
Re: Metrology Meeting 2020 in Stuttgart/Germany
« Reply #175 on: June 23, 2021, 08:33:19 pm »
Yay! Can't wait !

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #176 on: June 24, 2021, 11:41:56 am »
How to buy a ticket? :)

Offline Villain

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #177 on: June 24, 2021, 02:44:01 pm »
exactly, how to buy a ticket? :D

Offline branadicTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Sounds like noise
« Reply #178 on: July 20, 2021, 09:43:35 am »
Small update

We are still working on the program incl. talks.

Thankfully Nikolai Beev already agreed to join us live and talk about HPM7177. :)

Wekomm is also in and talks about resistor standards, which was already planned for MM2020.

Propably also Mr. Zirpel from the PTB could be with us and talk about calibration, but that has to be confirmed first.

John Pickering agreed to join us at least remotely and give a talk too.

A talk will be given by Eric Modica, Analog Devices, California USA, topic is secret :)

I'm waiting for two more confirmations for talks.

-branadic-
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 09:54:50 am by branadic »
Computers exist to solve problems that we wouldn't have without them. AI exists to answer questions, we wouldn't ask without it.

• Super Contributor
  • Sounds like noise
« Reply #179 on: August 18, 2021, 10:30:14 am »
Hi everyone,

we are in the final steps of organizing MM2021. Here is a first hint on the program for that day

9:00 Uhr                          Opening, André Bülau, Hahn-Schickard Stuttgart

9:30 – 10:15 Uhr             Online-Talk, „HPM7177 - an open hardware metrology-grade digitizer”, Nikolai Beev, Cern

10:30 – 11:15 Uhr           Online-Talk, „Aktueller Stand der Entwicklung von Präzisionswiderständen”, Guido Weckwerth, wekomm GmbH

11:30 – 14:00 Uhr           if possible lunch, discussion and comparison of Volt, Ampere, Ohm, …

14:00 – 14:45 Uhr           Online-Talk, „60 years in precision Circuits….Hobby, HP, Dana, Datron & Metron”, John Pickering, Metron Designs Ltd

15:00 – 15:45 Uhr           Talk, „Gold standard calibration (complete calibration of one range on 3458A)” and „History + developement of the RoHS compliante version and roadmap of the 3458A”, Ben Riddle, Keysight Technologies, Loveland USA

16:00 – 16:45 Uhr           Online-Talk, „ADR100x: An improved LTZ1000 Based Voltage Reference”, Eric Modica, Analog Devices, California USA

16:45 - 17:00 Uhr           Feedback to the event

Details about registration coming soon, stay tuned. :)

-branadic-
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 07:17:48 pm by branadic »
Computers exist to solve problems that we wouldn't have without them. AI exists to answer questions, we wouldn't ask without it.

The following users thanked this post: TiN, Echo88, Dr. Frank, Andreas, try, e61_phil, HighVoltage, BU508A, chuckb, bsw_m, meandeev, 2N3055, MiDi, ScoobyDoo, harerod

• Super Contributor
  • Sounds like noise
Re: Metrology Meeting in Stuttgart/Germany
« Reply #180 on: August 18, 2021, 03:58:20 pm »
I was asked:

Is there a way for spectators to join the meeting during the online sessions?

The talks will be available via a Webex conference to everyone registered for the event. Depending on where you are located it will take quite some coffee to not fall asleep in the middle of the night.

-branadic-

The following users thanked this post: chuckb, 2N3055

Offline e61_phil

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #181 on: August 18, 2021, 05:16:54 pm »
Will anybody from northern germany (Bremen) join? Maybe one can share a car.

Offline syau

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #182 on: August 19, 2021, 12:12:37 am »
I was asked:

Is there a way for spectators to join the meeting during the online sessions?

The talks will be available via a Webex conference to everyone registered for the event. Depending on where you are located it will take quite some coffee to not fall asleep in the middle of the night.

-branadic-

How to register for just a Webex conference ?

The following users thanked this post: bck

• Super Contributor
  • Sounds like noise
« Reply #183 on: August 19, 2021, 04:24:54 pm »
How to register for just a Webex conference ?

Details about registration coming soon, stay tuned.

-branadic-

The following users thanked this post: bck

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #184 on: August 19, 2021, 08:37:56 pm »

Hello Branadic, all - can anyone tell me if it is easy to take public transportation between airport of Stuttgart and University of Stuttgart - location of MM2021 event ?

I could arrive on Friday and return on Sunday ...

Thank you !
Best regards

ScoobyDoo

• Super Contributor
  • Sounds like noise
« Reply #185 on: August 19, 2021, 09:01:04 pm »
Hi,

there is an underground from the airport to university as well as from the main station to the university. Unfortunately, the tracks are currently being replaced and some of the stations in between being renewed, so that underground doesn't drive. However, there is a shuttle service from the airport and the main station to the university replacing the underground. And guess what, three weeks of the renovation are over and the weekend 11.09.2021 is the last weekend of renovation, on monday 13.09.2021 underground is driving again as normal :)
Nevertheless, shuttle works perfect and drives every 10min on weekend and every 5 minutes during the week.

-branadic-
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 09:15:20 pm by branadic »

Offline Teti

• Regular Contributor
    • www.martenelectric.cz
« Reply #186 on: August 23, 2021, 07:36:26 pm »
Please don't forget to post a lot of pictures or video  8)
Vintage audio gear connoisseur, computer enthusiast, time-nut, music lover, vintage games gamer, nerd, tinkerer and shady electronic projects maker.
http://www.martenelectric.cz/

The following users thanked this post: TiN

• Super Contributor
  • Sounds like noise
« Reply #187 on: August 24, 2021, 03:43:34 pm »
Hello everyone,

we today finished the official flyer, that you please find attached including the program.
Online registration for joining the event is possible via: metrology@hahn-schickard.de

Registration requires:

1.   Name and nickname on eevblog.com if existent
2.   Registration for remote/online talks or for live event?

In case of registration for the live event at Hahn-Schickard Stuttgart:
3.   Vaccination state (3G rules – geimpft, getestet, genesen – vaccinated, tested, healed)
4.   What will be brought to the live event?
5.   1-2 questions to John Pickering

Please bear in mind, that due to possible Covid restrictions in September the number of people that can join the event live might be limited.

Edit 1: The event is free of charge. For visitors that want to join live it is possible to arrive already on friday and to warm-up test equipment in our temperature controlled room.

Edit 2: There is a hotel on the campus close to our location: https://commundo-tagungshotel-stuttgart.hotel-mix.de/

-branadic-
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 06:56:28 pm by branadic »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #188 on: August 24, 2021, 06:53:25 pm »

Hello Branadic & Folks - just confirmed that I will be present and hope to bring a METRON/FLUKE M7000 (ADR1000) and ADR1000 EVB ... - I will be on campus for 3 days - 2 nights.

Best regards
ScoobyDoo

The following users thanked this post: Jes7

• Super Contributor
  • Sounds like noise
« Reply #189 on: August 25, 2021, 08:28:56 am »
Someone reported, that the above mentioned hotel has no rooms, so here are some alternatives:

Bus connection to institute:
•   Pullman Stuttgart Fontana
•   ibis Styles Stuttgart Vaihingen
•   Vienna House Easy Mo. Stuttgart

Within walking distance:
•   Römerhof Hotelbetriebs GmbH

-branadic-

• Super Contributor
  • Sounds like noise
« Reply #190 on: August 25, 2021, 11:36:46 am »
Prior to the event all registered attendees will get a link to our Webex conference as well as links to the online discussion tables.
Webex can either be used as a local app or via your internet browser.

-branadic-

The following users thanked this post: Dr. Frank, exe, BU508A, chuckb, 2N3055, iMo, syau

• Super Contributor
  • Sounds like noise
« Reply #191 on: September 02, 2021, 06:55:35 am »
Morning,

just a quick overview of what visitors will bring to the live event:

- ein Keithley DMM 7510
- Ich möchte meinen Satz Kalibrierwiderstände (100 Ohm bis 10M) zur Kalibrierung und mein 34401 für Gleichspannung bis 100V / Gleichstom bis 100mA und ggf. Justage mitbringen.
- 1x KX-Ref, will attempt S7061 but this might not work out amazingly due to distances and transport (train) involved. And just maybe, if the stars align and me, JLCPCB and Mouser are fast enough- self designed LTZ board and/or self designed
- Bringe die F731B und die W 7 sowie die restlichen LTZ´s und eine LTFLU mit. Mit Prema 5017 sowie Agilent 34411A - ergibt wohl eine Messorgie
- K2000 mit Scanner, ESI Kelvin-Varney Poti, Selbstbau-Referenz mit MAX6279, läuft seit Mai 2019 mit einer Babyzelle (20000h), war schon beim MM 2019 dabei. Ich werde EMV-Bauteile für Tausch oder Verkauf mitbringen.
- 3 LTZ1000-References, Solartron 7081
- Möchte mein HP3458A mitbringen und evt. noch einen 4x Satz LTZ1000 Referenzen zum Nachmessen. Bin als mittelmässiger "Voltnut" an vielen Fragen zur Messtechnik interessiert und arbeite in der Branche als analoger Applikationsingenieur. Kenn im übrigen als ehemaliger LTC Mitarbeiter die  LTZ1000 Entwickler Carl Nelson und Bob Dobkin persönlich.
- Fluke 7000, LTZ #5 - battery powered 7,138V reference (Andreas design), several 10kOhm secondary standards (VHP202Z), a 1kOhm secondary standard (VH102), HP3458A, assortment of PTFE cables
- Geräte: 10 MHz Rb, Fluke 902, Knick U/I-Kalibratoren, Keithley 237, 34970A, vllt HP 8922 + 1kW SMU (19“ 3x 4U)
- Widerstandsbox, 1G Ohm Widerstand, LTZ1000 (branadic version), ADC (Kleinstein/Rerouter), Laptop
- Fluke / Wavetek 7001 DCV standard (powered) and Fluke 1 Ohm, HP 1 kOhm and Guildline 10 MOhm standard resistors. Possibly also Keithley 5155 1 GOhm resistor.
- Mitbringen würde ich einen Fluke 732B, der letztmalig vor zwei Jahren durch Vergleich mit einem beim MM2019 und der Maker Faire 2019 kalibriertem Fluke 732A von mir justiert wurde
- HP 3458A, Digibridge 1689, verschiedene Widerstände, Kondensatoren, Induktivitäten

We do have our 3458A and at least one 2182A in the lab connected to a RPi, but I will also have my F7000s with me.

-branadic-

The following users thanked this post: TiN, e61_phil, HighVoltage, BU508A, Sprock, MiDi, syau

• Super Contributor
  • Sounds like noise
« Reply #192 on: September 02, 2021, 03:00:45 pm »
For all of you arriving on friday, you can enter the institute and room from 4:00 pm on until 7:00 pm.

-branadic-

The following users thanked this post: try, alm

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #193 on: September 03, 2021, 06:23:36 am »
I'm so jealous! I'm on vacation on that day :(. Anyway, may be next year. Not sure how I could contribute to the event (apart for my small max6226 array). May be I'll make an oven-stabilized reference based on lm317 :). If there is a competition "best cheap reference", I'd participate in that :).

• Super Contributor
  • Sounds like noise
« Reply #194 on: September 03, 2021, 10:32:40 am »
The time slot for registration is closing tonight.
We already hit the maximum limit for contributors for the live event. So if you haven't yet done, quickly register for the online event until tonight.

EDIT: In case you have registered for the live event, but can't join for whatever reason, please let us know, as there are more people that are waiting to join the live event, but we are limited to 20 persons maximum.

-branadic-
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 11:48:31 am by branadic »

• Super Contributor
  • Sounds like noise
« Reply #195 on: September 09, 2021, 11:38:58 am »
Small update to everyone arriving on Friday, actually tomorrow :)

I've booked a table for 8 pm at Sophie’s Brauhaus, Marienstraße 28, 70178 Stuttgart.

-branadic-
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 04:31:45 pm by branadic »

The following users thanked this post: Dr. Frank, alm, MiDi

Offline eplpwr

• Regular Contributor
  • Junior VoltNut
« Reply #196 on: September 11, 2021, 03:06:45 pm »
Thank you, branadic / André, for an excellent MM2021!

All the presentations were very good on interesting topics.

Regarding Keysights behaviour, I'm out of words. Please note that this in no way reflects on the splendid arrangement of MM2021.

Best regards,

eplpwr

The following users thanked this post: TiN, Echo88, e61_phil, BU508A, MiDi, syau, chekhov, ScoobyDoo

Offline TiN

• Super Contributor
    • xDevs.com
« Reply #197 on: September 11, 2021, 04:51:37 pm »
Event was a blast, huge  :-+ for metrology professionals that did manage find time to show up and prepare excellent presentations. Special Thank you for organizers as well, you showing examples what can be done with a simple idea to get team together for good times.

Not just performance of actual product, but also events and stuff like this motivates today hobbyists and tomorrow business decision makers to choose these products and not the others.

My wish for Santa would be ADI sales team hearing and going forward with the desire from our small but friendly community to be allowed to buy ADR1000 parts (for full price, no need to do freebies).  Maybe 5 years from now we will see someone here start a company and design first 9.5-digit DVM  :-DMM
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 04:53:29 pm by TiN »
YouTube | Metrology IRC Chat room | Let's share T&M documentation? Upload! No upload limits for firmwares, photos, files.

The following users thanked this post: syau

Offline Kleinstein

• Super Contributor
« Reply #198 on: September 11, 2021, 05:18:53 pm »
I don't think there is a real need for a 9 digit DMM, unless you deal with superconductiing parts. There are still not many references that low. The noise is usually not the problem at the high end DMM. The problem is more like the linearity and the thermal effects. Because of the thermal effects, the very high resolution measurements usually can't be fast. I see at least a chance to see a new 8 digit meter.

I found the persepective for the ADR1399 interesting as an easy update for an LM399 based design (if the voltage is about the same). Let's see if it will be actually available.

Offline rigrunner

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #199 on: September 11, 2021, 05:53:02 pm »
A very enjoyable event  :-+

Big thank you to everyone involved  :clap:

Shame Keysight bottled it. :(

My wish for Santa would be ADI sales team hearing and going forward with the desire from our small but friendly community to be allowed to buy ADR1000 parts

+1 for This ^^^

Internet of Things: A solution desperately trying to find its problem

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf