Author Topic: Metrology Meeting in Stuttgart/Germany  (Read 70958 times)

Offline rigrunner

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Metrology Meeting in Stuttgart/Germany
« Reply #225 on: September 14, 2021, 02:51:31 pm »
I have contacted AD and asked if and how a private individual can order.
If and when I will get an answer, I do not know.
But my guess is they might feel bothered, when to many hobbyists contact them.

I'm interested to see what their reply to this will be.

If anyone in the UK is planning to buy via their company I'd like to add 5 to their order.
Internet of Things: A solution desperately trying to find its problem

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #226 on: September 14, 2021, 07:01:42 pm »
Hello Folks

good news is coming - Carlos, Rui and ADI team are adding the ADR1000AHZ in the ADI webshop online - part will be visible within a day or so.

You will be able to pay with credit card - no credit letter is needed and MOQ = 5.

To be updated soon !

Best regards
ScoobyDoo
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 07:46:30 am by ScoobyDoo »

The following users thanked this post: rigrunner, exe, BU508A, ramon, Sprock, eplpwr

Offline quarks

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #227 on: September 14, 2021, 07:19:55 pm »
Today I already received an answer from AD.
My information is, it will be possible to buy with minimum order quantity of 5 units.
I will check how exactly this works and will let you know.

The following users thanked this post: rigrunner, MiDi

Offline rigrunner

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #228 on: September 14, 2021, 07:59:17 pm »
good news is coming - Carlos, Rui and ADI team are adding the ADR1000AHZ in the ADI webshop online - part will be visible within a day or so.

You will be able to pay with credit card - no credit letter is needed

Splendid news!

Hats off to the ADI folks. They're making things happen pretty quickly for us  :clap:
Internet of Things: A solution desperately trying to find its problem

The following users thanked this post: TiN, MiDi

Online Dr. Frank

• Super Contributor
« Reply #229 on: September 14, 2021, 09:37:56 pm »
Here are the comparison values for the five 7000 and the 732B.
We had a calibration by Illya last year, and could confirm his values apart from F7000-1 within a few tenths of  ppm.
Now, after 9 months we brought together again all four 7000, and made some quick measurements on 10th September evening using my HP3458A, which was not yet fully stabilized, and one more precise one next day. (Has anybody made a comparison with the KS 3458A on 11th? Please send me your results!)

Latter was done by Wolfgang and me, with my HP3458A, compensating each +/- polarity measurement by comparing and correcting to my LTZ #5, which is temperature compensated.
This accounted for the vastly varying room temperature, as my HP3458A features a T.C. of its LTZ reference of about + 0.25ppm/K.

Andrés measurements were corrected for the calibration protocol (+2.4ppm deviation).
His measurements then were all +2ppm high, compared to mine, but otherwise consistent in difference.

Wulf made another direct difference measurement between all 6 references, which were also consistent to my absolute measurements to less or equal than 0.2ppm.
I observed, or estimate, that my F7000-3 drifted about -0.8ppm compared to my reference group during the last 9 months, so the absolute values from my HP3458A should be closest to the actual values.
Unfortunately, we did not have any better baselining reference this year, so I also do not want to give any uncertainty estimation.

I also provide the environmental parameters for my whole trip from Frankfurt area to Stuttgart/Vaihingen.
You can see, that the room temperature on the MM 2021 Day had been between 23 and 27°C, not the best conditions for precision measurements, but I think we all did quite well despite that.

Then in the pressure data you can nicely see, that I had to move my car from 130m level to about 400 ..500m, when quickly ascending / descending the precursors of the 'Schwäbische Alb'.
As we've heard in one talk, atmospheric pressure variations might also influence such precision measurements.. but I doubt that we really are able to detect such an effect for this set up.     

I can recommend these data sticks from UNI-T, UT 330C and UT 330A. They are quite cheap, consume very few energy (battery lasts ~ 1.5 years if you sample once per minute).
The user interface is simply horrible, so I provide the Excel sheet for convenient import and display of the .cvs - data.
Please also take notice of my cool basement lab  ;D.

Frank
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 09:49:12 pm by Dr. Frank »

The following users thanked this post: quarks, TiN, branadic, HighVoltage, meandeev, alm, Sprock, MiDi, MegaVolt, syau

Offline ramon

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #230 on: September 14, 2021, 09:54:56 pm »
I found the persepective for the ADR1399 interesting as an easy update for an LM399 based design (if the voltage is about the same). Let's see if it will be actually available.

Please, can anyone provide details about this. I did not join the online meeting so don't know what they said.

I find very nteresting an improved LM399 version.

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055

Offline MiDi

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #231 on: September 15, 2021, 05:25:28 am »
I found the persepective for the ADR1399 interesting as an easy update for an LM399 based design (if the voltage is about the same). Let's see if it will be actually available.

Please, can anyone provide details about this. I did not join the online meeting so don't know what they said.

I find very nteresting an improved LM399 version.

ADR1399 has half the noise of LM399 and will be released soon.

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055, ramon

Offline ramon

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #232 on: September 15, 2021, 07:12:57 am »
That's great news, thanks!

I am far more interested in testing the new ADR1399 than the ADR1000. Is it possible to get some devices for testing, or they are not yet in that phase?

Offline Kleinstein

• Super Contributor
« Reply #233 on: September 15, 2021, 07:24:03 am »
It think there is not really much testing needed with the LM1399. It is supposed to be rather similar to the LM399, just needs more curent to the zener part and is a bit more picky about the capacitance at the output. So the main change to a LM399 based circuit would be a smaller resistor to provide the current and maybe (details should be in the data sheet) a slight change (e.g. suitable capacitance, maybe series R) to capacitors that may be in parallel to the zener.
The LM1399 was supposed to be offered later this year. Chances are a few prime customers (e.g. KS) already have samples.

Time will tell how good the long term stability is. So it may need a little more time before we will really see it in 6 digit DMMs.

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055, ramon, Jacon, MegaVolt

Offline quarks

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #234 on: September 15, 2021, 02:55:22 pm »
Today I already received an answer from AD.
My information is, it will be possible to buy with minimum order quantity of 5 units.
I will check how exactly this works and will let you know.

I will post my updates here:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/metrology/adr1000-availability/

The following users thanked this post: The Soulman

Offline MiDi

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #235 on: September 15, 2021, 10:32:20 pm »
My results, more in the attachments.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 10:35:41 pm by MiDi »

The following users thanked this post: branadic, Dr. Frank, alm

Offline Okertime

« Reply #236 on: September 16, 2021, 09:00:54 am »
I would like to show the differential voltages measured between the Fluke 732B and two Fluke 732A before and after the meeting. Unhappily the 732B decided to drift away some days before the meeting and might continue to drift - we will see. I am monitoring the three standards for the last two years and know the 732B is the least longtime stable of them. But it is by far the easiest to transport. The measuring points are calculated from the average of 16 NPLC100 measurement in the 100mV range of a 3458A, followed by 16 NPLC100 measurements with reversed polarity (Dr. Frank´s recipe). All points are independent from each other. The plots show the real spread of data, you will get, when comparing traditional Zener voltage standards over longer time. No Volt-nut should believe a Zener voltage standard outputs a DC voltage - there is always noise on top of it.
The red points are measured before the meeting, the blue data-points after the meeting. There are at least 80 points per day. A Dataproof 160A scanner is used to select the voltage source and to reverse the polarity.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 09:11:08 am by Okertime »

The following users thanked this post: branadic, Dr. Frank, alm, MiDi, czgut

Offline dietert1

• Super Contributor
    • CADT Homepage
« Reply #237 on: September 16, 2021, 10:00:41 am »
I would be interested in a log of the "round-robin" difference. It should be zero in theory but it isn't due to measurement imperfections, like time sharing of the meter or thermal EMF. I am wondering about a similar "drift event" between days 59390 and 59405 that appears only in the Fluke 732A#2-732A#1 diagram but isn't reflected in the other diagrams. The check sum can help to clarify this. Also this is meant to find out the significance of your conclusion about drift of your Fluke 732B.

Regards, Dieter

Offline Okertime

« Reply #238 on: September 16, 2021, 03:42:21 pm »
You are right, I only measure differences and can see a drift. Everybody is free to believe the 732B is stable and the two others drift away at the same time with the same speed into the same direction. I made a plot showing the sum of the difference during the measurement loops and can not find any abnormalities. This plot includes the noise of the 732B and 732A#1 and 732A#2 and 3458A and scanner and cables and and...... The plot is auto-scaled - no point is outside the plot-range.
I measured the noise-level of my Zener standards as well as the noise of HP3458A in the 100mV range at zero volt. Conclusion: more than 90% of the noise is coming from the Zener standards.

The following users thanked this post: czgut

Offline dietert1

• Super Contributor
    • CADT Homepage
« Reply #239 on: September 16, 2021, 05:58:13 pm »
Thanks, your cross-check looks perfectly clean to a level of about 100 nV and the suspected -1.5 uV drift of the 732B is significant. Maybe your reference needs some care. I think 1.5 uV from an ovenized LTFLU is already suspicious.

Regards, Dieter

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #240 on: September 16, 2021, 09:09:28 pm »
Hello folks
                The ADR1000AHZ is now available from the ADI online webshop.
The MOQ has been set as low as 5 (one) to reach all Voltnuts - (MOQ = 5).
The part will be monitored for a period of at least six months to understand if this is a viable (sustainable) path for ADI -
so pls. order as much as you can ...

Best regards
ScoobyDoo
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 07:47:39 am by ScoobyDoo »

The following users thanked this post: chickenHeadKnob, BU508A

Online miro123

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #241 on: October 02, 2021, 01:54:11 pm »
Can I find the MM video record from Stuttgard? I'm more interested on AD presentation Q&A.

Many metrology threads refers to MM ADi presentation.   

Offline branadicTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Sounds like noise
« Reply #242 on: October 02, 2021, 02:47:02 pm »
No you can't. I didn't had the time to clarify on that and would have cut the video anyways. However, I'm now a few weeks off and can't address that.

-branadic-
Computers exist to solve problems that we wouldn't have without them. AI exists to answer questions, we wouldn't ask without it.

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, 2N3055

• Super Contributor
  • Sounds like noise
« Reply #243 on: October 08, 2021, 11:30:36 am »
Eric Modica already announced it at MM2021, now there is some very first datasheet available, ADR1399

-branadic
Computers exist to solve problems that we wouldn't have without them. AI exists to answer questions, we wouldn't ask without it.

The following users thanked this post: chickenHeadKnob, TiN, egonotto, Andreas, Kleinstein, BU508A, bsw_m, 2N3055, ramon, MiDi, ch_scr, iMo, miro123, mawyatt

Online miro123

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #244 on: October 09, 2021, 06:45:06 am »
 I really wonder what will be the rumored ADR1001. There is not much free space for new product between ADR1399 and LTZ1000

I'm newbie in this forum. Do we need to start separate ADR1399 thread?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 07:16:21 am by miro123 »

Offline Kleinstein

• Super Contributor
« Reply #245 on: October 09, 2021, 07:18:57 am »
The data-sheet for the ADR1399 looks promissing, even a bit lower noise than I had expected.  It looks like their ouput impedance curve was made with a slightly small capacitor (e.g. not accounting for the capacitive loss with a 1 µF X7R when used at 7 V). The need for the extra RC is not so bad as the resistor for the zener current is now less important.

The MM2021 had a few more infos on the ADR1001: Like the ADR1399 it has the complete support circuit and temperature controller included, and the noise performance of the ADR1001, which is still quite a bit better than the ADR1399. There is also some scaling to 5 V or maybe 10 V.  So it would be more like made to work with high performance DAC or ADC chips.

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055, MiDi

Offline MiDi

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #246 on: October 09, 2021, 07:56:29 am »
I'm newbie in this forum. Do we need to start separate ADR1399 thread?

Why not? Simply start a thread.

• Super Contributor
  • Sounds like noise
« Reply #247 on: March 20, 2022, 09:48:12 pm »
What about a Metrology Meeting 2022 in August?

Are there any suggestions on possible talks for this years event? Would be nice to have some people talking about their privat projects related to metrology, as I fear it is hard to beat last years session. Any comments on that?

-branadic-

Offline cat87

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #248 on: March 21, 2022, 08:13:50 pm »
Hey,  I already asked you last year if there was gonna be a MM2022,  so yeah,  I'd be all for it :D

• Super Contributor
  • Sounds like noise
« Reply #249 on: March 23, 2022, 04:01:26 pm »
Let's be a bit more specific, what about the 27th of August, with the possibility to arrive already on 26th of August?

-branadic-

The following users thanked this post: Dr. Frank, bck, HighVoltage, meandeev, Villain, alm, ScoobyDoo, kleiner Rainer, JK21

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf