Author Topic: Need help on NEC UPD75268CW program transfer  (Read 647 times)

Offline jamestienTopic starter

Need help on NEC UPD75268CW program transfer
« on: May 17, 2021, 08:07:36 am »
Hello Everyone,

I have an old Kenwood amplifier which uses NEC UPD75268CW as VFD driver and system control, unfortunately it has internal shorted circuit which caused erratic VDF display.
According to document its a 4bit single microcomputer chip with 64pins, has custom (Kenwood) program in it. I already bought a new blank chip, and now is seeking for any help on how can I read firmware from the old IC and transfer to the blank IC in order to make it work again.
I've had experience with IC firmware download & upload using some programmer, but just cant find any useful guide on this NEC chip.

Any help on how to, or firmware transfer service would be appreciated, thank you in advance!

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
Re: Need help on NEC UPD75268CW program transfer
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 09:01:31 am »
for that kind of problem   you have to order the part at kenwood, they are supposed to sell it programmed to your equipment  ??

not the response you would like,  but send them an email  or try to find a service center ...

Offline jamestienTopic starter

Re: Need help on NEC UPD75268CW program transfer
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 09:36:40 am »
Thank you for the advice, I'm afraid if Kenwood can accommodate the request since the amplifier is from early 90's. :-DD But I will try.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf