Author Topic: 8051 (SST89E516RD)  (Read 925 times)

Offline Kittu20Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
8051 (SST89E516RD)
« on: March 09, 2024, 06:36:04 pm »
I am currently trying to program an SST89E516RD microcontroller following the instructions provided in the given link  https://exploreembedded.com/wiki/Starter_SST89E516RD_USB_Development_board . However, I am encountering an issue where I am unable to get device information in the EasyIAP application software as outlined in the provided link.

I have followed the steps , but unfortunately, I am not seeing the expected results.

I have attached a board diagram

I have some experience with programming microcontrollers, but this is my first time working with an SST microcontroller. Could you please help me in resolving this problem?

Online wraper

• Supporter
Re: 8051 (SST89E516RD)
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2024, 07:05:59 pm »
Circuit diagram you have attached has nothing to do with dev board on the link and MCU in question.

Offline Kittu20Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 01:51:19 am »
Circuit diagram you have attached has nothing to do with dev board on the link and MCU in question.
I believe I can use an SST microcontroller on my board, so I attached the circuit diagram of my board. But I'm not understanding where the problem lies, whether it's in the board, the microcontroller, or the EasyIAP software

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2024, 02:50:04 am »
I believe I can use an SST microcontroller on my board, so I attached the circuit diagram of my board. But I'm not understanding where the problem lies, whether it's in the board, the microcontroller, or the EasyIAP software
The problem is that you can probably run already programmed SST MCU on that board (did not check pin compatibility but it's likely similar). However it's a different MCU from different manufacturer that is programmed very differently through a different interface. COM port on that Atmel board is connected to different pins and was never intended for programming MCU, it uses 6 pin ISP interface for that.

Offline retiredfeline

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2024, 02:59:09 am »
So putting aside your target board for the moment are you saying you cannot get the dev board with the provided and matching MCU to be seen by the provided and matching software?

If so don't complicate the question by bringing in irrelevant details. you should provide details of where it doesn't work, quote error messages from the software. Did it recognise the dev board? How far did it get?

If you are not using the dev board but your own design then your design probably doesn't match that of the dev board.

Also ask in forums of this manufacturer or retailer if they exist.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 03:02:07 am by retiredfeline »

Online Ian.M

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2024, 07:01:07 am »
Take the JP4 jumper caps off your board then use two short duPont F-F wires to hook up TXD and RXD from the MAX232 to the correct port pins for your MCU's UART.  You'll have to look at the tracks to figure out which side of JP4 is the MAX232, and which pin is which (TXD vs RXD).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf