Author Topic: Actisafety A600 OBD2 HU Display  (Read 1636 times)

Offline darkspr1teTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Actisafety A600 OBD2 HU Display
« on: July 13, 2022, 10:09:18 am »
Mentioned Elsewhere is my moan about this device and the firmware biting me again (see my thread on om-126 obd reader being bricked with F/W )

Anyhoo, I have already made major Progress with the device and even have fixed the original one as well as having working code on the device.

These are my adventures to boldly go where no operator should , deep inside.

First is the Chip list

CPU: "Original" from supplier CSk32F103CB, currently STM32F103C8 sourced from black pill with original stm32 (as in it passes the test code and is not flagged gdm or csk) 8Mhz xtal+ RTC xtal
SPI Flash: 128Mbit QUAD SPI (see STM app note on SPI -> ram implementation , link to be added when i find it again)
    SPI 1 ( PA4,5,6,7)
CAN: NXP TAJ 4010 https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/TJA1040.pdf
    PB9 - TX
    PB8 - RX
    PA15 - STB/Enable
K-Line via transistor

LCD x2 : ILI9488 ->
 D-IN  - PB15
 D-CLK - PB13
 D-CS  LCD1- PB12 (left Screen)
 D-CS LCD2 - PB3 (right Screen)
 D-RST - PA8
 D- DC/RS - PB14
 D- LCD PWR - PB2
 D-BL - PB7

Speaker PB6 (pwm pin)
Button Left PB4 - Input Pull Low reset, pulled high by button
Button Right PB5
Button Middle PA0

Light Sensor ADC  PB1

GPS:
ATGM332d - gps has fast start and button cell backup
Connected to CPU Via
 TX - PA9 - UART 1
 RX - PA10 - UART 1

Unpopulated board castled adapter
PA2 TX - UART 2
PA3 RX  - UART 2
Board Power:
2 x AAD 7533H
1 x AAD 7550H

There's still more pins to figure out like the ADC for input voltage,

Attached it main code and the bootloader, the CPU was protected at RDP 2 , no flash and no debug but fell pray to the DFU over flow bug where you keep asking the DEV_INFO param and it keeps reading the flash instead :-)

Oh the firmware is on http://www.actisafety.com/ , if the file does not down load from within the app then you can just edit the ini file and add .cn to the .com and it will work.
to download manual goto the japan site and the allow download of the bin file and also st-dfu demo to upload it to the device. Handy as they used ST code with known bugs in a clone device with hardened security against the IRQ vector overflow and the single read sploit it still falls victim to bugged firmware/software :-P

more to come,

darkspr1te
p.s i didnt attached the full .dfu firmware file off 13mb , it's just logo's and fonts but link above you can manually get it. firmware file has no encryption but device will no longer boot if patched file is used, i've yet to figure that crc out from usb bootloader

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Actisafety A600 OBD2 HU Display
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 07:09:09 am »
Bootloader and flash backup from A500 +

CPU:CKS32F103C8

Offline kamyu

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2023, 08:15:43 am »
I am also suffering from firmward update of ActiSafety A500.

I got the device from 2021. I just want to upgrade its firmware for fun, however, after flashing the firmware, it only remains in the DFU mode and does not start anymore.

I disassembly it and found out it uses CSK32F103CB.

Currently, I would like to use backup bootloaderA500 to flash it again.

Could you please teach me how to use your txt file to generate a DFU file for firmware flashing?

Thank you.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2023, 06:47:09 am »
You will need external hardware to flash the bootloader, it's a Binary file that can be flashed via st-flash or similar SWD app (openocd example) , examples of swd based adapters are devices like st-link v2/3 , picoswd, picogbd , arduino with swd firmware etc.
the file a500_bootloader-.txt just need to be renamed to a500_bootloader.bin and then flashed.

darkspr1te

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf