Author Topic: Altium NanoBoard 3000 reviewed in Elektor March 2010  (Read 4283 times)

Offline jancumpsTopic starter

• Supporter
  • New Low
Altium NanoBoard 3000 reviewed in Elektor March 2010
« on: August 04, 2013, 01:11:27 pm »
While browsing through my Elektuur / Elektor collection I found thisreview of the Altium NanoBoard 3000.

It's kind of cool.

Offline Stonent

• Super Contributor
Re: Altium NanoBoard 3000 reviewed in Elektor March 2010
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 01:29:07 pm »
It's in some strange language with missing letters.
The larger the government, the smaller the citizen.

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 02:45:25 pm »
Its Dutch but the reason for posting a blurred text is unclear to me. But then again in Belgium the signs on the subway system show where the train is coming from, not where it is going to...
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline jancumpsTopic starter

• Supporter
  • New Low
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 04:39:32 pm »
(That's because we know where we're going to ourselves)

I don't have copyright over the material. That's why I'm reluctant to post the whole article.

Offline Stonent

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 05:34:34 am »
Its Dutch but the reason for posting a blurred text is unclear to me. But then again in Belgium the signs on the subway system show where the train is coming from, not where it is going to...

Yeah I was sort of joking about the missing text, but also the fact that the majority of us don't speak Dutch and there was no translation or synopsis.

I will go out on a limb and assume we all understand English to some degree otherwise we wouldn't be here reading this but probably also wouldn't be watching Dave's videos, though I do on occasion watch those Russian chip-dip videos.

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 06:13:08 pm »
No problem with Dutch, but I do not speak it, but can understand it a lot. Then again I do have Dutch in laws. Elektor though are very touchy about putting copies of the articles online. They want you to buy them from them.

Offline Stonent

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 10:48:32 pm »
No problem with Dutch, but I do not speak it, but can understand it a lot. Then again I do have Dutch in laws. Elektor though are very touchy about putting copies of the articles online. They want you to buy them from them.

I've noticed when I listen to MJLorton's videos I notice many words with a "oo" sound like "Good" have a Dutch sound to them.
Is that indicative of someone who may also speak Dutch or Afrikaans or just is that just how South African English sounds?

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 08:11:49 pm »
Can be regional, can be a native speaker or can just be the speaker. You get all sorts of accents here, about the only language not common here is Russian and other Slavic languages, though there are a lot who because of past circumstances either speak or understand them.

Offline Crazy Ape

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 07:55:39 pm »

Well, let them be touchy and ignore them.
We can read a review in an Aussie mag instead.
http://www.siliconchip.com.au/Issue/2010/November/Review%3A+Altium+Designer+%2526+the+Nanoboard+3000

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf