Author Topic: Student needing a VHDL forum ?!  (Read 2119 times)

Offline shanecyTopic starter

• Contributor
Student needing a VHDL forum ?!
« on: September 25, 2013, 02:59:42 pm »
I'm taking a VHDL course and the book i'm using is just an introductory level text book. I am in the process of ordering a second text book that provides more detailed information in the language itself. However, when I took my C++ and Java classes I always had access to <cplusplus.com> and <www.javaprogrammingforums.com> for assistance in troubleshooting my code.

I've done some searching for VHDL related forums and have found several but don't know exactly which one I should use. I'm using an Altera Cyclone IV DE2-115 and would want to register with a forum that would best assist me with any concerns/questions I might have with my code and board. Therefore, I wanted to hear if anyone might have a good suggestion. 

Offline mrflibble

• Super Contributor
Re: Student needing a VHDL forum ?!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 10:23:53 pm »
Not much of a VHDL user myself, but in general ... if you found some VHDL related forums could you list the ones you found so far? Might help another future person looking for the same. :)

Or if you happen to stumble upon some awesome verilog resources you can also list those. Thanks. :)

As for VHD, you could check this tutorial: http://www.asic-world.com/vhdl/tutorial.html

Offline AlfBaz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 11:04:08 pm »
A couple of years back usenet newsgroup comp.lang.vhdl was a great resource filled with very knowledgeable people. It's not a place to ask noob questions and I don't know if they ignore yahoo or google groups posts so you may have to download a reader.

Offline marshallh

• Supporter
    • retroactive
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 11:53:04 pm »
Jump in ##fpga on freenode irc
Verilog tips
BGA soldering intro

11:37 <@ktemkin> c4757p: marshall has transcended communications media
11:37 <@ktemkin> He speaks protocols directly.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf