Author Topic: Basic IDE for 68HCS12  (Read 629 times)

Offline AussieBruceTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Basic IDE for 68HCS12
« on: November 10, 2022, 08:09:16 am »
I’ve been using the ICCV7 IDE for HCS12  from Imagecraft in the US for over a decade. Until some time last year their support was fantastic, but the company has closed down. Googling them brings up a page that provides some contact details, including an undertaking that perpetual license matters will still be covered, however my emails aren’t getting responses. The machine I’ve been working on is failing, and I need a license key to fully enable a new instance on a different machine.

I’ve hunted for another HCS12 environment, the one that comes up most is Code Warrior, which seems to have been taken over by NXP, and is available for what is for me an eye-watering fee. There are a few other options around, but all seem to be in the ‘professional’ class, with commensurate costs – in some cases ongoing. This is a totally non-commercial situation.

Is anyone aware of a free or low cost basic WIndows10 C environment for HCS12? Even a command line compiler that can generate .s19 output – a platform standard format - would do, don’t need a debugger. I have Linux available, but then I'd also need burning capability through a (legacy) BDM adaptor, which would probably open up a whole new can of worms.

Online Benta

• Super Contributor
Re: Basic IDE for 68HCS12
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 05:05:16 pm »
The usual way is using the Eclipse IDE and plugging in the appropriate compilers/assemblers/linkers etc.
Eclipse is free open source, the rest may vary.

The following users thanked this post: AussieBruce

Offline bidrohini

• Regular Contributor

The following users thanked this post: AussieBruce

Offline AussieBruceTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Basic IDE for 68HCS12: UPDATE
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2022, 11:39:56 am »
UPDATE: I sent a reminder email to the contact address today, and a new license key arrived very promptly. I don't know why my initial application some weeks ago was not handled, the reason is likely to be just normal delays. I'm sending this response to put on record that the outfit concerned has responded promptly and effectively, and in accordance with the undertaking on their website. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf