Author Topic: Best MCU for the lowest input capture interrupt latency  (Read 18142 times)

Online SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
Re: Best MCU for the lowest input capture interrupt latency
« Reply #150 on: April 15, 2022, 04:44:24 pm »

The following users thanked this post: hans

Offline jemangedeslolosTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #151 on: April 22, 2022, 05:22:18 pm »
Hello everyone  :)

I received my PCB and I gave a try to a dsPIC33CK ( exact ref:dsPIC33CK128MP503 ).
There are more parameters than with dsPIC33EP so I don't know if I was doing something wrong with dsPIC33EP but I was able to make it work with this little dsPIC33CK  8)

The latency is not as low as other settings but at leat It works  >:D

Offline NorthGuy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #152 on: April 22, 2022, 06:20:58 pm »
The latency is not as low as other settings but at leat It works  >:D

Congratulations!

I'm sure, on EP, there was some sort of small thing you somehow overlooked.

Roughly 60 ns (if judging by the 1/2 voltage level). I would expect it to be a little bit better. Is the CPU running at 100 MHz (200 MHz Fosc)? Have you used the dedicated INT pin (pin #19) for the signal?

Anyway, this is way faster than you would get with the interrupt.

Offline SpacedCowboy

• Frequent Contributor
  • Aging physicist
« Reply #153 on: September 23, 2022, 06:36:57 pm »
Resurrecting an old thread, but I happened to be searching for IO expanders and the results I found reminded me of this. The SX150x chips are IO expanders that embed a PLD, and you can use the I2C interface to determine what happens when an IO changes state. The max response time looks to be 25ns if you're running your VDD/VIO at 5v, going down to 125ns if you're running at 1.2v VDD/IO. 25ns is, I suspect, a reasonably good figure for anything that's not a dedicated FPGA/CPLD; probably way too late to be useful but thought it was worth mentioning...

Online PCB.Wiz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #154 on: September 24, 2022, 02:48:47 am »
Resurrecting an old thread, but I happened to be searching for IO expanders and the results I found reminded me of this. The SX150x chips are IO expanders that embed a PLD, and you can use the I2C interface to determine what happens when an IO changes state...

Interesting parts, the Logic looks to be very simple, non registered, with maximum of 3 line to 1 line any pattern defined by a single byte bit pattern. ( ie a 3 input universal gate level )

If you were using external parts for this, the SiLego GreenPAK parts have more advanced logic capabilities
https://www.renesas.com/us/en/products/programmable-mixed-signal-asic-ip-products/greenpak-programmable-mixed-signal-products#parametric_options

They started with OTP parts, but have expanded recently to include MTP parts config over i2c

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf