Author Topic: Can't download launch pad msp430 CCS v4 (FIXED)  (Read 3876 times)

Offline cowboy303Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Can't download launch pad msp430 CCS v4 (FIXED)
« on: February 29, 2012, 09:02:47 pm »
I got My launch pad MSP430 today (I'm going to get a Arduino but thought I'd give it try).
I went to http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/MSP430_LaunchPad_(MSP-EXP430G2) to download the Code Composer Studio v4 but in order to install it I have to register and in order to register I have to give them my company name
I DON"T HAVE A COMPANY NAME I'M NOT A COMPANY >:(.
If somebody knows how to get around this that would be grate.
THANKS ;D
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 02:19:27 am by cowboy303 »

Offline Bored@Work

• Super Contributor
Re: Can't download launch pad msp430 CCS v4
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 09:19:35 pm »
Invent one?

It is strange, whenever I need to register for something where registration doesn't make sense, I suddenly happen to forget my real name and address. I become a CEO of a multi-million company with > 10000 employees, and I am of course in the middle of green-lineing a huge development budget and making buying decisions. It is kind of a medical condition.
I delete PMs unread. If you have something to say, say it in public.
For all else: Profile->[Modify Profile]Buddies/Ignore List->Edit Ignore List

• Regular Contributor
Re: Can't download launch pad msp430 CCS v4
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 02:16:33 am »
Thanks Called them,  And that's what they want you to do 8) as long as it doesn't stand out

Offline westfw

• Super Contributor
Re: Can't download launch pad msp430 CCS v4 (FIXED)
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 05:01:50 am »
If you're feeling a particular need to be honest, you can claim to be a student at (wherever you're currently going to school.)  Manufacturers are pretty sympathetic to such a status...  (but you are at the age where it's about time to invent your first company name...  Quick, before it becomes illegal to enter false data on the Internet!)

I was re-examining the LaunchPad.  Now that it's shipping with 20pin MSP430s with 8 and 16K of flash, it's a much more credible competitor to Arduino than when it was first released (with a 14pin 2k micro.)  One of the "easy to use" aspects of Arduino is that the chip is "big enough" that the would-be user isn't immediately faced with the need to write "tiny" code.

Offline metalphreak

• Frequent Contributor
  • http://d.av.id.au
    • D.av.id.AU
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 10:20:07 am »
You can just put your full name as your company name. In Australia you have to trade under your own name if you don't have a registered business name.

Offline T4P

• Super Contributor
    • T4P
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 03:25:55 pm »
I was re-examining the LaunchPad.  Now that it's shipping with 20pin MSP430s with 8 and 16K of flash, it's a much more credible competitor to Arduino than when it was first released (with a 14pin 2k micro.)  One of the "easy to use" aspects of Arduino is that the chip is "big enough" that the would-be user isn't immediately faced with the need to write "tiny" code.
Not bad .
Unless you use a STM32F4 ...
 but MSP430 is a shitload better then AVR 8)
I started with a STM32F4 and as you know ... Plenty of space  ???

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 01:21:52 am »
If you're feeling a particular need to be honest, you can claim to be a student at (wherever you're currently going to school.)  Manufacturers are pretty sympathetic to such a status...

That's what I did.  But it wasn't that easy because I'm home schooled ;D so got my mom to make up a school name.
then they asked for the name of my website which I don't got.  I wanted to put in www.terroristblogspot.org or some thing but put in N/A.  Then They Asked what I was going to be using the software for.  now I wanted to put in nuclear warhead LOL ;D.  But ended up just putting in launchpad msp430

Now I'm just kidding but wouldn't that be funny I'd be like ;D then they would be like :o and the government would be like >:( and in the end I'd be like :-[ or 8)
Can't you tell I love using Smileys ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf