Electronics > Microcontrollers

Can't download launch pad msp430 CCS v4 (FIXED)

(1/2) > >>

cowboy303:
I got My launch pad MSP430 today (I'm going to get a Arduino but thought I'd give it try).
I went to http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/MSP430_LaunchPad_(MSP-EXP430G2) to download the Code Composer Studio v4 but in order to install it I have to register and in order to register I have to give them my company name
I DON"T HAVE A COMPANY NAME I'M NOT A COMPANY >:(.
If somebody knows how to get around this that would be grate.
THANKS ;D

Bored@Work:
Invent one?

It is strange, whenever I need to register for something where registration doesn't make sense, I suddenly happen to forget my real name and address. I become a CEO of a multi-million company with > 10000 employees, and I am of course in the middle of green-lineing a huge development budget and making buying decisions. It is kind of a medical condition.

cowboy303:
Thanks Called them,  And that's what they want you to do 8) as long as it doesn't stand out

westfw:
If you're feeling a particular need to be honest, you can claim to be a student at (wherever you're currently going to school.)  Manufacturers are pretty sympathetic to such a status...  (but you are at the age where it's about time to invent your first company name...  Quick, before it becomes illegal to enter false data on the Internet!)

I was re-examining the LaunchPad.  Now that it's shipping with 20pin MSP430s with 8 and 16K of flash, it's a much more credible competitor to Arduino than when it was first released (with a 14pin 2k micro.)  One of the "easy to use" aspects of Arduino is that the chip is "big enough" that the would-be user isn't immediately faced with the need to write "tiny" code.

metalphreak:
You can just put your full name as your company name. In Australia you have to trade under your own name if you don't have a registered business name.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version