Author Topic: can't get Stm link v2 debugger/programmer to reset the target after programming  (Read 1572 times)

Offline kgavionicsTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hello
can't get Stm link v2 debugger/programmer to reset the target after programming. My connections between the target (board based on the stm32f103) and the stm32 link is as follows:
vcc--3.3v
gnd--gnd
swclk-swclk
swido-swido
reset-reset
Everything is working fine, except I have to hit the reset button after programming. Also, I have the option "Rest and Run" activated in the keil uvision, but no luck!
Can someone shed some light how to make the board reset after programming?
Thanks in advance

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
Some stlink clones have nRST wrong.
Try selecting software reset in stlink settings.
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

The following users thanked this post: kgavionics

Offline kgavionicsTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Thank you for the reply David, as I mentioned before, I'm using Keil uvsion and I have the option "Reset and Run" enabled, but I have to press on the reset button to reset it! Is it a bug on the uvision side?
Can someone who's using Keil can confirm if the software reset is working ok please?

Update:
I fixed the problem by unchecking  "Enable" in Pack Tab under settings of ST-Link in Keil uvision.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 01:07:53 am by kgavionics »

Offline Doctorandus_P

• Super Contributor
I've done some blinking led projects with STM32 but never even connected the reset line. Just GND, Power SWDIO and SWCLK, though the nice and small ST-Link V2 clones. And reprogramming the led does change it's flash rate, so I know it works. Program is also in flash because it starts flashing again after a power cycle.

STM Cube did complain about old firmware, so I let it update one of my ST-Link clones, and even though it does not have an STM processor inside, it still works. You have to be aware that these clones with an aluminium tube and USB -> 10pin IDC are not all the same. Quite a shame that ST itself only has much bigger programmers, and also includes them in their nucleo boards. It makes those boards bigger and more expensive.

For my own projects I still strongly prefer to buy genuie STM parts (That is, if it's possible to obtain them at all), as I have no interest in subtle incompatibilities between the 8 or so different Chinese clones.

Offline Datom

If your software also has this option, please do not check it

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf