Author Topic: Code Composer Studio for 9.99$ with a MSP-EXP430G2-MSP430 LaunchPad  (Read 43420 times)

Offline FlyIt!

• Contributor
Re: Code Composer Studio for 9.99$ with a MSP-EXP430G2-MSP430 LaunchPad
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2016, 05:12:59 pm »

...the MSP432P401R option is no longer available

Update: (cross-posted from the MSP432-specific deal thread)

Good news!  I emailed TI Support, and they replied this morning... 

Thanks for letting us know of this issue. There was a problem with the TI store site which has now been corrected. Please empty your cart and re-order.

Tried again, and everything worked fine (no "out of stock" message). Order placed!

YMMV

« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 05:17:06 pm by FlyIt! »

Offline dannyf

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2016, 01:41:08 am »
The raspberry pi zero is going for 99 cents apiece now.

Not sure which is a better deal, :)
================================
https://dannyelectronics.wordpress.com/

Offline edavid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2016, 04:33:46 am »
Where at?

Or is this one of those "$0.99 each, but $11 in shipping each" deals?

Micro Center in-store only, limit 1:

http://www.microcenter.com/product/463189/Zero_Development_Board_-_Camera_Ready

The following users thanked this post: evb149

Offline all_repair

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2016, 02:39:42 am »
How is the license file being delivered?  Is it a download link?  I got the download link from TI but thought that was the CCS setup file which I had already downloaded on checkout.  I got the hardware delivered for a few days but yet to receive further email with any attachment for the license file. 

Offline ElektroQuark

• Supporter
    • ElektroQuark
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2016, 07:08:49 am »
The software activation ID code is at your myTI too. Look there.

The following users thanked this post: all_repair

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2016, 06:56:50 pm »
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline kaz911

• Super Contributor
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2016, 06:29:12 am »
I had 1 license - but had asked TI to upgrade it to a floating license so I could use it on my 3 dev computers.. But they would not take my money. :)

So now I have 4 extra full licenses for $50 ish incl some launch pads - so I have enough for a while :)

thanks to the OP! :)

Offline alexanderbrevig

• Frequent Contributor
  • Musician, developer and EE hobbyist
    • alexanderbrevig.com
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2016, 06:36:06 am »
CCS6 installed and it was a smooth ride, for once. Setting up a new environment always strike me as unnecessarily complex and tedious.

It's easy enough to move the license to another computer. I've already tried it :) But maybe buying a few more kits is a good idea!

Offline kaz911

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2016, 06:45:57 am »
CCS6 installed and it was a smooth ride, for once. Setting up a new environment always strike me as unnecessarily complex and tedious.

It's easy enough to move the license to another computer. I've already tried it :) But maybe buying a few more kits is a good idea!

Yes moving licenses is a PITA :) I have so far done that every time I went away for some time...

Offline westfw

• Super Contributor
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2016, 10:07:18 am »
WHERE there?   I don't really see a place ("messages"?) where it would show up.
Is anyone else seeing a delay in getting their license?  I got the physical board over a week ago, but no email yet (and nothing I can see in myTI.)
The "order status" says "In Work at Fulfillment", rather amusingly:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 10:08:53 am by westfw »

Offline neslekkim

• Super Contributor
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2016, 11:43:45 am »

go to ti.com, log in.
On the top-right you have "hello <name>", click that, and you get to "myTI account"
under the left menu, choose "myRegistered  software", then you will see your licenses.

It takes like 2-3 days or something before you get them there I think.

Online newbrain

• Super Contributor
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2016, 02:13:34 pm »
Is anyone else seeing a delay in getting their license?  I got the physical board over a week ago, but no email yet (and nothing I can see in myTI.)
The "order status" says "In Work at Fulfillment", rather amusingly:

Not to be disrespectful, but did you pay for the license?  >:D
I wasn't getting mine, (it was "In Work at Fulfillment") so I checked better the order status page, and lo and behold, I had a $0.01 payment pending:
The license was not paid when ordering the MSP432 LP combo (I used Paypal, FYI): only 12.98$ were reserved at the time, the cost of the board rather than the total 12.99|O.
Once completed the payment, it took about 8 hours to get a mail with the instructions and then one with the license code.
I had to register the code manually on the site, to bind it to to my MAC and immediately receive the license file to import in CCS.
Nandemo wa shiranai wa yo, shitteru koto dake.

Offline TheDirty

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2016, 02:16:03 pm »
Reposting this because a lot of people seem to have missed this suggestion from earlier on, but if you want a floating license, just buy a USB wifi adapter.  You can get them for about $10.  Link the license to that MAC address and just move the wifi adapter to whatever computer you are using.  You don't need to actually use the wifi adapter.

I've done this because I change motherboards every year or so and don't want to deactivate/reactivate all the time.
Mark Higgins

The following users thanked this post: Frank

Offline neslekkim

• Super Contributor
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2016, 02:57:04 pm »
I wasn't getting mine, (it was "In Work at Fulfillment") so I checked better the order status page, and lo and behold, I had a $0.01 payment pending:

I have these also, one $0.01 and one $0.02, but I have gotten the licenses, would guess that they have some roundoff problems?

Offline ebclr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2016, 03:25:10 pm »
What's the deal ?

Who need's that license ?

What you can do with that license that you can't without ?

https://dev.ti.com/

Offline neslekkim

• Super Contributor
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2016, 03:41:13 pm »
codesize?

Online newbrain

• Super Contributor
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2016, 03:46:39 pm »
I have these also, one $0.01 and one $0.02, but I have gotten the licenses, would guess that they have some roundoff problems?
Oh, I wouldn't know. This money stuff is too complicated. Gimme a datasheet or some code any time... :-//
But for me that was the thing holding the license in the pipe...

Offline ebclr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2016, 03:55:39 pm »
Do the cloud tool have any limitation ?

https://dev.ti.com/faq

I compiled big files there

Offline JacquesBBBTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2016, 05:44:49 pm »
Reposting this because a lot of people seem to have missed this suggestion from earlier on, but if you want a floating license, just buy a USB wifi adapter.  You can get them for about $10.  Link the license to that MAC address and just move the wifi adapter to whatever computer you are using.  You don't need to actually use the wifi adapter.

I've done this because I change motherboards every year or so and don't want to deactivate/reactivate all the time.

Can you confirm that it works on CCS ?

I thought about that but reading carefully the faq,  they say that  the MAC address is the HOSTID mac adress,
but I do not understand if any  MAC address is considered as an HOSTID, or only  one of them

from
http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/FAQ_-_CCSv4#Q:_What_does_this_error_message_mean.3F_.22The_HOST_ID_in_your_license_does_not_match_the_HOST_ID_of_this_computer.22
Q: What does this error message mean? "The HOST ID in your license does not match the HOST ID of this computer"
CCS is comparing the host ID of your computer with the one that is in your license file and they are not matching. The cause of this could be that the license was created for a different computer, or you made a mistake when typing in the HOST ID when creating your license or if you have multiple network cards in your computer CCS may be looking at the wrong one. It is possible to re-host your license, please verify the HOST ID of your computer and if you have multiple network cards try entering in 2 HOST IDs when re-hosting your license.

Offline westfw

• Super Contributor
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2016, 07:41:46 pm »
Ah.  I HAD found the appropriate page, but since it was blank I wasn't sure that was the place.  (and it SOUNDED more like "things you have registered" rather than "things you have bought.)

I wasn't getting mine, (it was "In Work at Fulfillment") so I checked better the order status page, and lo and behold, I had a $0.01 payment pending
That could be it.  Paypal says I paid $9.98, the order shows charges of $9.99...
(How in the world do you make a $0.01 payment to an order that isn't actively ASKING you to make a payment?  I'd guess that TI tried to bill separately, as things were actually shipped, but paypal burped with a "$0.01??  Is that some kind of joke?" response...)

Online newbrain

• Super Contributor
« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2016, 09:00:31 pm »
Ah.  I HAD found the appropriate page, but since it was blank I wasn't sure that was the place.  (and it SOUNDED more like "things you have registered" rather than "things you have bought.)

I wasn't getting mine, (it was "In Work at Fulfillment") so I checked better the order status page, and lo and behold, I had a $0.01 payment pending
That could be it.  Paypal says I paid $9.98, the order shows charges of $9.99...
(How in the world do you make a $0.01 payment to an order that isn't actively ASKING you to make a payment?  I'd guess that TI tried to bill separately, as things were actually shipped, but paypal burped with a "$0.01??  Is that some kind of joke?" response...)
Yes, same for me with the registration page, it was empty until I went through the whole procedure and entered the code received by mail.
And yes, probably they billed separately.
I attach a capture of the order page (personal details removed). Just above the Reorder button, I had another one with something like "Complete Payment" (not so sure).
Paypal did not object to the amount for me, but note that the money has not yet been withdrawn; I'm curious to see the credit report (in SEK) when they do.

Offline edavid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2016, 03:18:44 am »

Can't you use a virtual machine's MAC address?

Offline JacquesBBBTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2016, 05:55:55 pm »
The situation today is that there are 3 PROMOS for CCS

https://store.ti.com/Search.aspx?k=ccs-promo&pt=-1

bundled with

MSP430G2 (9.99$)
MSP432P401R (12.99$)
MSP430FR5994 (15.99$)

Today the 3 promotions  are still valid, but the shipping is no longer free (6.99$)

Offline MagicSmoker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2016, 06:47:16 pm »
Well, I finally got CCS installed, updated and licensed. It looks quite bewildering, even in "simple" mode. I'm mainly interested in playing with the new UCD series digital power supply controllers but it looks like by the time I figure out how to actually use CCS I could have designed and laid out a few boards.

Any other 1st time users equally perplexed, or have I reached my level of incompetence?  :scared:

Offline kaz911

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2016, 06:11:42 am »
Well, I finally got CCS installed, updated and licensed. It looks quite bewildering, even in "simple" mode. I'm mainly interested in playing with the new UCD series digital power supply controllers but it looks like by the time I figure out how to actually use CCS I could have designed and laid out a few boards.

Any other 1st time users equally perplexed, or have I reached my level of incompetence?  :scared:

any new tool takes some getting used too - I would suggest to follow one of their online tutorial videos to get started - they have plenty of video tutorials with training books etc. It helps if you know Eclipse but I did not when I started. Eclipse is the "IDE" that CCS is integrated into and Eclipse is used for many different IDE's and tools.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf