Author Topic: component recomendation for converting analog sequencer into MCU based  (Read 806 times)

Offline john23Topic starter

• Contributor
Hello ,I got this good QORVO manual shown below it uses a combination of regulators and a comporator.
all the component there are analog
LT1716 -analog comparator
LTC1261LCS8-4 - negative generator
LT1761-BYP- analog regulator
Could you reccomend me names of similar components which could do the same method using a microcontroller?
Thanks.

https://www.qorvo.com/products/d/da007774

Online eutectique

• Frequent Contributor
Could you reccomend me names of similar components which could do the same method using a microcontroller?

If you know what and why you are doing, the thing you are probably looking for is a Power Management Integrated Circuit. There are obviously other brands apart from NXP.

• Contributor
Hello eutectique,Could you please help me with a name of programmable voltage regulator i could use instead ?
Thanks.

• Contributor
Hello eutectique, Regarding the LTC1261LCS8 (datasheet link shown below)In order to stick with the QORVO manual can I Turn on and off the voltage regulator with a MCU using SHDN pin ?
I want to use ESP8266 which is 3.3V GPIO.
Suppose i want to turn this device on so i send GPIO pin into logical 1 which is "3.3"
However the device working when the SHDN is floating.
How do i connect the GPIO pin to the LTC1261L so i could turn it ON and OFF with GPIO pin?
Could you make some visual schematics so i'll the method of doing that? (if its possible)
Thanks.
Thanks.

https://www.analog.com/en/products/ltc1261.html

Online eutectique

• Frequent Contributor
You can drive this pin from your MCU directly.

Page 5 of the datasheet, section PIN FUNCTIONS, reads literally:

SHDN (Pin 8 ): Shutdown. When this pin is at ground the  LTC1261L operates normally. An internal 5μA pull-down keeps SHDN low if it is left floating. When SHDN is pulled high, the LTC1261L enters shutdown mode. In shutdown, the charge pump is disabled, the output collapses to 0V and the quiescent current drops to 5μA typically.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 10:33:05 pm by eutectique »

• Contributor
Hello eutectique,So if i put GPIO '0' which is 0 volts to the SHDN pin why does it means that the SHDN pin will be connected to GND?
COuld you please make some drawing so i'll understand the logic?
Thanks.

Online eutectique

• Frequent Contributor
This means that the SHDN pin will be at ground potential, more or less. The voltages considered as high and low for SHDN pin are specified in the table ELECTRICAL CHARACTERISTICS on page 3.

You are seriously lacking the basic knowledge of electronics.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf