Author Topic: Custom Linux Build  (Read 1842 times)

Offline nonkeldwTopic starter

Custom Linux Build
« on: July 12, 2023, 10:41:05 am »
Hello

I’m busy with integrate SWUpdate to my custom embedded Linux build.
After reading and trying to understand the documentation (https://sbabic.github.io/swupdate/index.html). I stared with  the integration.

After cloning the meta-swupdate to the source folder of yocto. For the correct distribution.

I started with the configuration of the swupdate, “bitbake -c menuconfig swupdate” and enabling the swupdate with webserver support.
When I try to build the image I got error: ‘swupdate-2023.05-r0 do_compile: oe_runmake failed’

i add this "PREFERRED_PROVIDER_u-boot-fw-utils = “libubootenv”" to my local.conf file, when i try to build i got this error:

ERROR: ParseError at /home/.../conf/local.conf:49: unparsed line: 'PREFERRED_PROVIDER_u-boot-fw-utils = “libubootenv”'

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 10:54:47 am by nonkeldw »

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
Re: Custom Linux Build
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2023, 10:52:19 am »
Unless you are space constrained and / or using some kind of archaic processor, consider switching to a Debian based Linux distribution and use Debian's package system. You can add your own repositories that run on your server which can be accessed over a network (or internet).
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline liaifat85

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2023, 08:40:26 am »
I think it is better to raise this issue in the particular GitHub repo.

Offline sharpwar

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2024, 09:13:32 am »
Hi,
Did you found a solution for this issue ?

Offline Zipdox

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2024, 09:42:46 am »
Unless you are space constrained and / or using some kind of archaic processor, consider switching to a Debian based Linux distribution and use Debian's package system. You can add your own repositories that run on your server which can be accessed over a network (or internet).
Debian on an embedded system?

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2024, 03:30:55 pm »
Debian on an embedded system?
Yes. And it is pretty simple to get going using a chroot + qemu environment to make a root filesystem. For example: https://variwiki.com/index.php?title=Debian_Build_Release&release=mx8m-debian-bullseye-5.4-2.1.x-v1.5

Yocto and buildroot are a world of pain to use.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 05:44:09 pm by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf