Author Topic: ES8P5066 - Arm Cortex-M0 - Program under Arduino environment?  (Read 924 times)

Offline davegsm82Topic starter

• Contributor
Hi, I've gained a large quantity of PCB's from scrapped dehumidifiers which have an EastSoft ES8P5066 processor on board, this is a 32pin TPFP and searching for information on it only turns up that it's an ARM Cortex M0.

These PCB's are nothing special and would otherwise just go to be recycled but they have a complete mains power supply on board (12V, with a 5V linear reg), including JST headers for inputs, outputs, most still have the humidity and temperature sensor connected to Analogue inputs on the chip, there's a switched mains output for the compressor and 4x outputs connected to a ULN2003 and a display connector which is probably SPI so the boards could actually be really useful for prototyping or just building little 1-off projects that are self contained.

So the question is, would it be possible to program this IC under the Arduino environment? I know it won't be directly compatible, as in the device and all its I/O, functionality, timers etc etc would have to be imported. But is it possible?

Thanks.

Offline westfw

• Super Contributor
Re: ES8P5066 - Arm Cortex-M0 - Program under Arduino environment?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2023, 05:55:03 pm »
this is a 32pin TPFP and searching for information on it only turns up that it's an ARM Cortex M0.
   :
would it be possible to program this IC under the Arduino environment?

Not unless you can find more information on the chip.
If you find a datasheet, it's theoretically possible to write an "Arduino Core" for it, since it's a CM0 (already supported) and since there just isn't very much TO an "Arduino Core."  However, it sounds like you personally would not be up to writing such a core, and I doubt that anyone else would be interested in writing it either :-(

The following users thanked this post: davegsm82

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2023, 07:05:26 am »
Thanks Westfw,

I'm more used to the PIC programming environment and have imported (more like modified an existing) files for new or slightly different devices. I have to assume that making an Arduino core would be somewhat similar.

I may look further into it, just one of those things that would be nice if there was an easy solution.

Thanks.

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2023, 07:09:08 am »
I should add, there IS a datasheet available but it's in Chinese which I can't read. I could probably extrapolate the basic things like port names, register names etc but I doubt that would be enough to create a core without translating the whole thing.

https://www.essemi.com/index/product/detail?id=897

Offline mikerj

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2023, 10:35:05 am »
Demo code and peripheral library for the ES8P8086 which is a larger memory M0 device.  The peripherals look very similar at first glance, but you'll still need to invest a fair bit of time comparing (Chinese) datasheets.

https://github.com/SoCXin/ES8P508/tree/master/src

Offline Ground_Loop

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2023, 06:48:16 pm »
I believe the Teensy boards are all Arm Cortex micros and there is an add in to the Arduino environment for programming those.  Don't know if that helps or not.
There's no point getting old if you don't have stories.

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2023, 11:17:33 am »
Demo code and peripheral library for the ES8P8086 which is a larger memory M0 device.  The peripherals look very similar at first glance, but you'll still need to invest a fair bit of time comparing (Chinese) datasheets.

https://github.com/SoCXin/ES8P508/tree/master/src

Thanks Mikerj, I'll take a look at this, I wasn't able to find anything so hopefully this is a headstart.

Also thanks Ground_loop, thats also great info.

This is a background project, I probably won't get much done very quickly but hope I can do something with it.

Regards, Dave.

Offline barshatriplee

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2023, 01:40:10 am »
Could not find any Arduino library. Looks like you will have to write one.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf