Electronics > Microcontrollers

HD44780 compatible PLED 16x2 display not working!!!

(1/3) > >>

sdttn:
Hello,

I bought 4 pcs of pled display from ebay. But I couldn't  figured out how they are working.
I wrote some code for hd44780 display, the code working with regular I am using 16f877 @4Mhz, code wrote in pic basic. I tried 4 bit connection and 8 bit connection.The code working with regular LCD but the code not working with PLED display.

I added the datasheet of the PLED displays.

FreeThinker:
Try this link http://www.epemag.wimborne.co.uk/resources.htm
You can test your HD44780 controller with no more than a few switches to confirm it's operation, then you need to check your code. Are you sure that the controller is an HD44780? I thought these were for LCD Displays?

<Edit > Just read the data sheet ( ::)) and it is indeed compatible with the HD44780. Just one thought ,have you tried adjusting the contrast pot? caught me out more than once?

ElektroQuark:
Yes, you MUST adjust the contrast with some of those displays or you will see only a clear or dark screen.

sdttn:
Thanks for your replies.

In datasheet the brightnes (Contrast in regular LCDs) pin needs 3 volts to go. I adjusted the pot at 3 volts and other positions. It does not work.

Any ideas?

Edit:The code working with regular LCDs (HD44780)

FreeThinker:
Have you
a) Tested the displays manually to confirm operation?
b) Substituted a lcd display to confirm your hardware/ code? (may be the most productive option)
If Both check out ok then it is likely a timing problem (I've only skimmed the data sheet but HD44780 compatable SHOULD mean just that and timing should  not be an issue but it's worth checking ) last but not least could be power supply issues, what sort of load does it take, is the supply stable and clean?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version