Author Topic: Hi-test servo data converter  (Read 1029 times)

Offline kayoteqTopic starter

Hi-test servo data converter
« on: September 08, 2015, 02:23:40 pm »
Greetings, thought I'd start out with something exotic..

This is the heart of a homespun (but commercial grade)  servo control system formerly used to aim signals for news helicopters. Never mind how or what they cost new, what it comes down to is technology gets smaller and lighter and these are aircraft, so  when they come up with 2.0 that's 10 lbs lighter,

a  nice functional chunk of tech like this is just discarded as everything going in has to be bagged and tagged for flight; Even down to the screws that go in the fuselage. Not certified, not going back in flight. Paperwork. FAA.

Anyway, that kind of indicates that these things (about 3 'intact') are 90% possible workable, if not their original use..

The S/D converter (http://www.computerconversions.com/sdc-st_xt.html) is designed to be an independent process, with voltage circuit isolated,etc.  They're feeding hex inverters and bits all over the place, all to aim a antenna while in-flight to their beacon, possibly 20 mi away.

So I think it might be a bit precise. Past my pay grade, but that's not stopped me before.

This little number takes +5, 15, -15v and tolerant up to 500v. the case is littered with 10w resistors heatsinked to heck.

I want to make it work. Not what it was doing, as that requires flying things.
Nah, a homemade CNC or a robot will do.

:)

*sorry, first post so the images might not be on here. I am not a certified anything but they hire me anyway.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 02:26:51 pm by kayoteq »

Offline kayoteqTopic starter

Re: Hi-test servo data converter
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 02:30:24 pm »
The spare, unsocketed chips, and not a bend in them

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf