Author Topic: How bloody hard can it be to program an AVR chip?  (Read 56678 times)

Offline senso

• Frequent Contributor
    • My AVR tutorials
Re: How bloody hard can it be to program an AVR chip?
« Reply #150 on: August 01, 2013, 05:22:09 pm »
I know that ARM is all the rage actually, and I also have an STMF4Discovery board, but I want to know various devices and brands, call it curiosity, but I think its an advantage to be able to program at least avr's, pic's(I only mess with pic24 or higher), msp430 and ARM(currently only stm32f4).

Offline boz

• Regular Contributor
    • Roving Dynamics Ltd
« Reply #151 on: August 18, 2013, 09:17:44 am »
Wow, the threads turned into a three-way scrap between AVR, Microchip and ARM... I diddnt see that coming! :-DD
Fearless diver and computer genius

Offline Crazy Ape

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #152 on: August 18, 2013, 09:35:07 am »
Wow, the threads turned into a three-way scrap between AVR, Microchip and ARM... I diddnt see that coming! :-DD

Always amusing, in reality, you use the device that has the feature-set that gets the job done.

Hobby mindset is different, for various reasons, device familiarity, maximum peripherals etc.

Myself, I like to get the top of the range of a particular MCU for development/experimentation, but you can be sure the MCU in the final job will be reduced to a version with the actual peripheral set required for the job and nothing more.

Offline jancumps

• Supporter
  • New Low
« Reply #153 on: August 18, 2013, 10:59:47 am »
Always amusing, in reality, you use the device that has the feature-set that gets the job done.
And here's the rub: often all brands have one that gets the job done for a similar price :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf