Electronics > Microcontrollers

How do you program an ATtiny10 with PICkit 4?

(1/2) > >>

DigitalDeath:
How do you program an ATtiny10 with PICkit 4?
Since they use a different protocol called TPI (Tiny Programming Interface)  that uses a single wire for both input and output?
I know about the USBasp programming but they tend to fail when the MIOSI pin is connected to other devices.

Is there some settings os something I need to do to make it work?
I'm new to this series and I mostly do STM32 so I'm not familiar with where the resources are.

Thanks

John.

ComradeXavier:
Start with Microchip's PICkit 4 product page. There you will find links to documentation, including a user's guide and a quick start guide.

DigitalDeath:

--- Quote from: ComradeXavier on June 11, 2021, 01:13:05 pm ---Start with Microchip's PICkit 4 product page. There you will find links to documentation, including a user's guide and a quick start guide.

--- End quote ---

This is not a regular AVR processor. It uses a different protocol for programming because it has a bidirectional pin instead of miso and mosi

ComradeXavier:

--- Quote from: DigitalDeath on June 11, 2021, 01:28:16 pm ---
--- Quote from: ComradeXavier on June 11, 2021, 01:13:05 pm ---Start with Microchip's PICkit 4 product page. There you will find links to documentation, including a user's guide and a quick start guide.

--- End quote ---
This is not a regular AVR processor. It uses a different protocol for programming because it has a bidirectional pin instead of miso and mosi

--- End quote ---

You wrote:

--- Quote from: DigitalDeath on June 11, 2021, 03:03:03 am ---How do you program an ATtiny10 with PICkit 4?
I'm new to this series and I mostly do STM32 so I'm not familiar with where the resources are.

--- End quote ---

The resources you need are on Microchip's website. The quick start guide I linked has only two pages. On page 2 is a table of how to connect a PICkit 4 to devices with a variety of programming interfaces, including TPI (as used on the ATtiny10).

You may also need to refer to the ATtiny10 product page and datasheet. Section 1 (Pin Configuration) and Section 15 (Programming Interface) will contain any details specific to the TPI interface on the ATtiny10.

DigitalDeath:

--- Quote from: ComradeXavier on June 11, 2021, 01:49:59 pm ---On page 2 is a table of how to connect a PICkit 4 to devices with a variety of programming interfaces, including TPI (as used on the ATtiny10).

--- End quote ---

This is an answer thank you :-+.
The first one sounded like "read the manual"  :-DD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version