Author Topic: intel i3-12100F looks interesting  (Read 1094 times)

Offline ali_asadzadehTopic starter

• Super Contributor
intel i3-12100F looks interesting
« on: March 07, 2022, 12:25:47 pm »
Hi,
This CPU catches my eye and I think it has good value versus Processing power, I wonder if there are any open documentations, so I can consider using them Inside some Embedded Board, or maybe connect that with Some FPGA.

Are the Datasheet and manual open?
ASiDesigner, Stands for Application specific intelligent devices
I'm a Digital Expert from 8-bits to 64-bits

Offline KaneTW

• Frequent Contributor
Re: intel i3-12100F looks interesting
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2022, 12:35:29 pm »
No. Contact Intel with your application for access and a NDA.

Offline NiHaoMike

• Super Contributor
  • "Don't turn it on - Take it apart!"
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 01:49:06 pm »
This CPU catches my eye and I think it has good value versus Processing power, I wonder if there are any open documentations, so I can consider using them Inside some Embedded Board, or maybe connect that with Some FPGA.
Not very economical to customize a PC to that level. Just get a regular motherboard and plug a SQRL Acorn into the M.2 slot.
Cryptocurrency has taught me to love math and at the same time be baffled by it.

Cryptocurrency lesson 0: Altcoins and Bitcoin are not the same thing.

Offline hans

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2022, 05:13:56 pm »
Just get an embedded PC board, or a Mini-ITX pc if you absolutely insist on this much processing power.

Buying the CPU is 1 thing. It also needs a chipset to run. That chipset needs a BIOS, load microcode, boot other chipsets on the board, etc. The CPU also needs a high speed DDR5 RAM bus, which is absolutely non-trivial to route. You may find the socket pinout at some point somewhere, but all the juicy details are locked behind NDAs, which (would be my guess!) won't be  offered to anyone with interest, but also needs sufficient capital and design expertise to design a working product.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 05:19:13 pm by hans »

Offline SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2022, 05:58:02 pm »
Yeah, designing a board around such a CPU is orders of magnitude more complex and involved than using a microcontroller.
(And as mentioned, you can't even do that without signing with your blood with Intel.)
Let alone the overall cost of such a solution (unless maybe that could be mitigated if you planned on selling millions of products.) And from many of your other posts, it looks like you're often after the lowest cost possible. So uh, no.

But you can always use an existing motherboard as also suggested above. As to connecting to some FPGA, you can then use one of those FPGA PCIe boards.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2022, 07:34:19 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions, this would be like using a raspberry PI inside a project  :'( It's as inefficient as it can get, no to mention Big and messy.
FYI I have enough expertise to route High speed and complex Designs like PCIe and DDR5.

Also why do you think it would take a lot of money to make a prototype?
For an one of prototype to get enough interest to raise money, it can be done under 5K$. you can salvage the Chipset and other critical parts from Brand motherboards. also an 8 layer PCB can be done under 400$.

I wonder why Intel does not like to publish the docs? what would happen! Even ARM has made the right move to make Keil free for developers. seriously what would happen, Some developers and startups like me would try new different things, and If we can not raise enough money to make mass market then an individual or start up would fail and loose their money.

But Imagine we could do it better and cheaper than others, then what world would we live in >:D!

I hope some day someone in intel would see this thread and take some useful action.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2022, 09:11:58 am »
In the 8051 era, Intel used to publish docs, But as time fly's they disappear the docs :palm:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf