Author Topic: Interesting job advert.  (Read 2941 times)

Offline abeyer

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Interesting job advert.
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2024, 10:29:03 pm »
It's not entertainment. It's social engineering, woke ideology, destruction of our values.

If you can be socially engineered and have your values destroyed by watching a comedy TV show, you have greater problems than worrying about woke ideology.
Me? No, I grab the remote and turn off that thing. But you just brought up a TV show as some sort of evidence of something. What do you think Jane Average will do?
If this all goes way over your head, here is a small thread, you can start pulling on it:

rofl, you complain about entertainment with a political slant... and then turn around and put up a comedian/"commentator" peddling political slant as some sort of source of truth?

Offline coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2024, 11:08:59 pm »
I think "emotional intelligence" is a misnomer anyway. Emotions and intelligence are pretty much orthogonal features of our brain. Sure there can be feedback loops between the two, but still, the term is pretty bad.
Although emotional intelligence is clearly a term from the marketing department, these two things have a strong connection. In most people, emotions easily and effectively shut down the brain's intellectual processes.

Offline tszaboo

• Super Contributor
  • Current job: ATEX product design
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2024, 07:29:38 am »
rofl, you complain about entertainment with a political slant... and then turn around and put up a comedian/"commentator" peddling political slant as some sort of source of truth?
You are free to make your own conclusions just based on the middle of the video.

Online nimish

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2024, 05:56:12 am »
>  £47K/yr = ~$58k
Man, that's a raw deal for the level of talent. Pay is well over 5x better, often 10x in the US.
Really?  Software Engineer in the US getting offered $300-600k ?

yep, total comp, for anyone good

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf