Author Topic: Micro marked M10V5VLF is it from Freescale or clone?  (Read 389 times)

Offline ace1903Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Micro marked M10V5VLF is it from Freescale or clone?
« on: May 17, 2023, 08:49:43 am »
I bought Chinese hybrid stepper motor driver and as I am curious I opened it and took a look at PCB.
Seems that I can use this driver board to drive my second DC brushed motor at 48V and up to 5A if I manage to reprogram the micro to generate PWM signal.
Micro is marked with M10V5 and according google it is from Freescale based on shady Chinese component broker webpage.

Freescale had MK10 series that is powerful and I can program it, but this micro is marked with M only.

Is there anyone that uses Freescale micros that can confirm that logo is from Freescale and can decode markings?
Or if someone knows Chinese factory that produces this micro?

Offline Christe4nM

• Supporter
Re: Micro marked M10V5VLF is it from Freescale or clone?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2023, 11:50:27 am »
Definitely looks like the old Freescale logo (now part of NXP).

First search result for "Freescale M10V*" gave me this: https://community.nxp.com/t5/Kinetis-Microcontrollers/Marking-Code-need-to-be-explained-M10V/m-p/807458. The device markings posted there are the same on the first 3 lines for the first and 3rd line, so I assume the last line is a production date/batch code. IIRC "VLC" or "VLF" relate to which IC package it is.

According to the link it may be part no. MKV10Z32VLC7.
Yours may be a MKV10Z32VLFx (see https://www.nxp.com/part/MKV10Z32VLF7#/)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 12:00:11 pm by Christe4nM »

The following users thanked this post: ace1903

Offline ace1903Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Micro marked M10V5VLF is it from Freescale or clone?
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2023, 12:55:54 pm »
Pinout matches datasheet provided by Christe4nM.
J7 is SWD debug connector. 2014-2015 I worked with Freescale processor on motor control projects.
They had Processor Expert code generator that was useful to make simple projects and proof of concept code.
Programmer was integrated in their tower system to which I lost access(I had it at previous employer).
Need to find other debugger/programmer (maybe something based on OpenOCD)

I have old NC milling machine that I teared down old electronics and replaced with newer stepper and servo drives.
But still I have one brushed drive that I need to put into servo loop.

Thanks to all of you that spent time to look at this and especially thanks to Christe4nM.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf