Electronics > Microcontrollers

MISRA C & OpenSource

(1/8) > >>

legacy:
hi guys
I am looking for a Misra C checker, I know there are commercial solutions which include a Misra C checker, I'd like to know if an open source alternative exists, and if not, I might think to implement a Misra C checker as - yet another Clang toy -

thank you in advance

coppice:

--- Quote from: legacy on November 18, 2015, 07:13:49 am ---hi guys
I am looking for a Misra C checker, I know there are commercial solutions which include a Misra C checker, I'd like to know if an open source alternative exists, and if not, I might think to implement a Misra C checker as - yet another Clang toy -

thank you in advance

--- End quote ---
I was looking for an open source Misra checker a few months ago. I found a couple of abandoned projects, but nothing useful.

nctnico:
AFAIK GCC can do several of the checks by settings some options. Maybe there are no specific tools because the tool already exists.
For example: Try and find a GUI based CD/DVD to ISO image program for Linux. There aren't any because the dd command is so simple to use for this purpose.

richardman:

--- Quote from: nctnico on November 18, 2015, 07:49:18 am ---AFAIK GCC can do several of the checks by settings some options. Maybe there are no specific tools because the tool already exists.
For example: Try and find a GUI based CD/DVD to ISO image program for Linux. There aren't any because the dd command is so simple to use for this purpose.

--- End quote ---

If only :-)

Some MISRA checks are fairly simple. Some require whole program analysis and is not trivial.

neslekkim:

--- Quote from: nctnico on November 18, 2015, 07:49:18 am ---AFAIK GCC can do several of the checks by settings some options. Maybe there are no specific tools because the tool already exists.

--- End quote ---

http://www.k3b.org/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnomebaker/

took me 1sec, I could find lots more if I needed..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version