Author Topic: MODE and nHome pins on DRV8825 motor driver  (Read 534 times)

Offline newtekuserTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
MODE and nHome pins on DRV8825 motor driver
« on: January 21, 2024, 07:21:06 pm »
I intend to use full step configuration in my circuit, so per the DRV8825 data sheet I need to set MODE0, MODE1, MODE2 pins to logic low. I do not want to waste any pins on my MCU, so can I just connect each of these pins to GND via a 10K resistors?

Also, if I understand the purpose of the nHome pin, it is used to keep track of steps and useful in motor calibration. Don't think that I care in my project as I'm not looking for perfect accuracy, so can I just connect it to a 10K pull up resistor instead? Or is the drift/step skip really a problem? In my application the motor will only be used sparingly.

https://www.ti.com/general/docs/suppproductinfo.tsp?distId=10&gotoUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ti.com%2Flit%2Fgpn%2Fdrv8825

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
Re: MODE and nHome pins on DRV8825 motor driver
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2024, 09:35:05 pm »
Even better, those pins have internal pulldowns, so just leave them unconnected.
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

The following users thanked this post: newtekuser

Offline HwAoRrDk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2024, 08:59:00 am »
Also, if I understand the purpose of the nHome pin, it is used to keep track of steps and useful in motor calibration. Don't think that I care in my project as I'm not looking for perfect accuracy, so can I just connect it to a 10K pull up resistor instead?

The nHOME pin is an output. If you're not going to use it, you can leave it unconnected.

On any chip, outputs usually never need to be connected to anything when unused.

The following users thanked this post: newtekuser

Offline newtekuserTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2024, 05:40:09 pm »
thank you very much folks!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf