Electronics > Microcontrollers

MSP430 Capacitive Touch BoosterPack only $4.30 (incl. shipping)

(1/3) > >>

markovuksanovic:
Well, even though I'm new here I decided that I could share this with everyone here...

It seems that TI has decided to put Arduino into a lot of trouble - for the first 430h you can get 430BOOST-SENSE1 - MSP430 Capacitive Touch BoosterPack for only $4.30. And that's including shipping....

http://focus.ti.com/mcu/docs/mcumspoverview.tsp?sectionId=95&tabId=140&familyId=342

https://estore.ti.com/430BOOST-SENSE1-MSP430-Capacitive-Touch-BoosterPack-P2361C42.aspx?DCMP=capacitivetouch&HQS=Other+BA+capacitivetouch-b-es

At the time of writing, it's only 13 days left....

Cheers,
Marko

Bored@Work:
Duplicate, see https://www.eevblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3189.0

--- Quote from: markovuksanovic on April 23, 2011, 05:56:36 pm ---Well, even though I'm new here I decided that I could share this with everyone here...

--- End quote ---

I find it strange when someone's first posting is advertising.

--- Quote ---It seems that TI has decided to put Arduino into a lot of trouble
--- End quote ---

Bullshit. TI deeply and methodologically fucked up the Launchpad with their shenanigans when they initially released it. Thanks to this, the Launchpad crowd is absolutely insignificant compared to the Arduino crowd. And no fancy add-on board will fix that.

--- Quote ---And that's including shipping....
--- End quote ---

TI said the same during the initial Launchpad release, but still some people ended up with horrible shipping costs. So I wouldn't trust TI (or a newbie advertising for TI) in this regard.

RayJones:
"Thank You! Your order is complete."

Ordered 2 units, to match the 2 starter kits bought last year.

Why not, I had a play with capacitive touch many years ago and gave up in frustration.
For 8 bucks why not give the modern version a try  ;D

RayJones:
I had no problems with my Launchpad delivery other than a very long lead time, but for $4.30 to Australia I was not complaining considering the chips cost more alone.
If they slap on extra shipping fees, that's an unauthorised transaction, and the bank can handle that as a disputed transaction.

So what if it is not Arduino compatible?
Arduinos are for wanna be hackers, the Lauchpad was anything but, and that suits me fine having done the hard yards many times before.

markovuksanovic:
Well, the purpose of this post was not to do any advertising... I apologize to those who consider this advertising. The purpose was to point out to, IMHO, a great deal from TI. I personally ordered this for myself. I've never heard of those problems with shipping charges... I've ordered from TI lots of times and I never had such a problem.

On the other hand, I've used both Launchpad and Arduino and I must say that I am much more satisfied with TI. (I don't work nor for TI, nor Atmel nor I am in any way related to one of those products).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version