Electronics > Microcontrollers

MSP430 LaunchPad Capacitive Touch Booster pack offer

(1/3) > >>

koogar:
Hey guys

Just thought i would give you the heads up on the MSP430 Launchpad Booster pack offer at the same great deal as the Launchpad $4.30 shipped  £2.60 in old money ;)

looks like Ti are taking this abit more seriously now if only they used Arduino sheild compatability :P

Capacitive Touch BoosterPack (430BOOST-SENSE1)

The Capacitive Touch BoosterPack is a complete hardware and software reference design for implementing touch sensing capabilities using an MSP430G2xx Value Line microcontroller device! The plugin board features a capacitive touch button, scroll wheel and proximity sensor. This BoosterPack fully demonstrates the benefits of the MSP430G2xx2/G2xx3's Capacitive Touch Sense I/O ports, which allows touch sensors to be directly connected to the MSP430 without any external components! This minimizes physical footprint and bill of materials.

http://e2e.ti.com/group/msp430launchpad/b/boosterpacks/default.aspx

Regards

koogar

PS: Dave  i just spend 3 days watching all your EEVblogs on my freshly hacked Apple TV2 great stuff !!!

Bored@Work:
Remind me, Launchpad was that thing that you could order from TI, and half a year later TI might start feeling like actually shipping one to you, adding horrendous shipping costs to non US customers?

Of course this was mitigated by TI preferring US orders. So as an international orderer you were relieved of having to think about shipping costs for maybe even nine month in total.

And you now recommend that people should waste another nine month of their lives to hunt for that booster pack?

TheDirty:
Well, that's fairly dramatic.

Yes, launchpad launch (no pun intended) was terrible both organizational and supply, but they've pretty much caught up now, with delays being minimal.  I ordered one a couple weeks ago and it came within 2 days.  Not overseas international, though.  I proceeded to brick it using the TI firmware update.

metalphreak:
My launchpads came pretty quick. Shipping was free to Australia. Shipping was free for these capacitive touch booster packs as well.

baljemmett:

--- Quote from: metalphreak on April 22, 2011, 02:04:35 pm ---My launchpads came pretty quick. Shipping was free to Australia. Shipping was free for these capacitive touch booster packs as well.

--- End quote ---

It appears to be free on at least some other things too -- not sure how far it extends, but the RF2500 development kit I was looking at shows up as free shipping too.  Some of the error messages the site spits out could do with improvement, though; I had a rather embarrassing exchange with their support folk when I managed to block my order with card details that turned out to be duff...

I finally ordered the touch pack yesterday afternoon, got an e-mail this morning claiming an expected ship date of Tuesday.  Oddly the order status page claims it's shipped but the tracking number listed is for a 2 tonne shipment from Singapore to Utrecht...  We'll see what happens!

(I think I was amongst the lucky ones with the Launchpad; ordered June 23rd, got a backorder notice the following day and shipped (free) on July 20th.  Considering it was just for S&Gs and they surely couldn't even have covered the cost of shipping for $4.30, eh, not going to complain.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version