Electronics > Microcontrollers

Need Hex file to test touch screen on STM32F429 Discovery board

(1/4) > >>

rcbuck:
I have a STM32F429I-DISC1, version MB1075E, Discovery board. This board is the latest version. The default application installed from the factory doesn't respond properly to screen touches. I downloaded the latest app from the ST site and that app also doesn't respond to screen touches.

I have downloaded the TouchGFX software so I can learn to use it to create a simple application for the board as a test. Something like one button on the screen that you touch to toggle one of the LEDs on the board.

I would like to confirm my touchscreen actually works before I proceed down the long graphics path. I want to run my screens in LTDC (R,G,B) mode on a custom board. I will use the Discovery board as a test bed before designing my board. If I create a program and it doesn't work, I won't know if it is a bad touch screen or if my code is wrong.

Does someone happen to have a hex file that I can load into the board to confirm the touch screen works? If the board is bad I will order a new one and proceed from there.

Edit: Added this link to show what step I have already taken:
https://community.st.com/s/question/0D73W000001NTvz/detail?s1oid=00Db0000000YtG6&t=1643412206102&s1nid=0DB0X000000DYbd&emkind=chatterCommentNotification&s1uid=0050X000007vsKk&emtm=1643407322266&fromEmail=1&s1ext=0

rcbuck:
I built an application with one button on the LCD using the TouchGFX program. I have confirmed the touch screen works. When I touch the button on the screen it changes color to indicate it has been touched. Case closed.

dmendesf:
I have the same kit and I'm having some issues with the LCD. Would you kindly share your code? It's been in storage for some time so I'm not sure if it's a hardware problem or a (human) programmer program :)

wek:

--- Quote from: dmendesf on January 29, 2022, 03:33:36 am ---I have the same kit and I'm having some issues with the LCD. Would you kindly share your code? It's been in storage for some time so I'm not sure if it's a hardware problem or a (human) programmer program :)

--- End quote ---
In the thread linked above I gave link to hex of a simple utility ("doodle") and there's some discussion on how it works. You can use it to test the basic LCD and touchscreen functionality, until rcbuck chimes in with his program.

JW

rcbuck:
dmendesf, attached is a file you can load to test the board. It has two toggle buttons. They change color when clicked. The text on the buttons also changes color. You will need to change the file name extension from .zip to .bin since the forum doesn't allow a bin file to be attached.

This is the video I watched to create the buttons:

If you are going to use the video to create code for you board you will need to install TouchGFX. You will also need the latest version of STM32CubeMx.

Today I will modify the code so that it toggles LEDs on the board. That explanation starts are around minute 14 in the video.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version