Author Topic: Paspberry Pi Zero powered by 3.3V  (Read 1601 times)

Offline BoomerangTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Paspberry Pi Zero powered by 3.3V
« on: March 06, 2017, 10:09:27 am »
What do you think will happen if I try to power Zero with 3.3V only? Of coarse the USBs wont work - I don't need them anyway. What I need to be working is the MCU (with all GPIOs, UART, SPI and etc.), the RAM and the SD card.

I'm asking here because (1) there is no schematic published and (2) I still didn't order the board. I will order few boards and try to make my project with Rasp Pi Zero if there are some chances of success...

Thanks in advance!

Offline raspberrypi

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
Re: Paspberry Pi Zero powered by 3.3V
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 12:03:40 pm »
What do you think will happen if I try to power Zero with 3.3V only? Of coarse the USBs wont work - I don't need them anyway. What I need to be working is the MCU (with all GPIOs, UART, SPI and etc.), the RAM and the SD card.

I'm asking here because (1) there is no schematic published and (2) I still didn't order the board. I will order few boards and try to make my project with Rasp Pi Zero if there are some chances of success...

Thanks in advance!

I always get the lightning bolt symbol on the screen. Some times it seems glitchy, but that could just be norml.
I'm legally blind so sometimes I ask obvious questions, but its because I can't see well.

Offline BoomerangTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Paspberry Pi Zero powered by 3.3V
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 12:15:19 pm »
How you power it - instead of the normal 5V or you just power the 3.3V internal bus from the 40-pin header?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf