Electronics > Microcontrollers

Raspberry Pi Pico RP2040 vs STM32 - How to digital filtration? (FMAC)

(1/7) > >>

WaveletSea:
I was reading the datasheets of Raspberry Pi Pico RP2040 and to my big surprise there's no such thing as FMAC for digital filtration like on the very cheap and accessible STM32.
Arrived at this point a question has rised in my mind regarding this kind of trouble -

RP2040 is not filled with it's own FMAC module when compared to STM32,so at this point how we are supposed to do our digital filtration stuff on the RP2040 microcontroller ????

For more infos take a look here :
https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/dm00605584-digital-filter-implementation-with-the-fmac-using-stm32cubeg4-mcu-package-stmicroelectronics.pdf

& Also here :

floobydust:
Look at how many timers the RP2040 has, it's more of a toy. I would say it's not for any real-time embedded applications.

WaveletSea:
I've make the same question inside official Rasperry Pi Reddit and it got deleted :-DD
at this point it looks like their either are not really proud of this RP2040 MCU  :clap:

langwadt:

--- Quote from: WaveletSea on September 24, 2021, 07:42:45 pm ---I was reading the datasheets of Raspberry Pi Pico RP2040 and to my big surprise there's no such things like FMAC for digital filtration like on the very cheap and accessible STM32.
Arrived at this point a question has rised in my mind regarding this kind of trouble -

RP2040 is not filled with it's own FMAC module when compared to STM32,so at this point how we are supposed to do our digital filtration stuff on the RP2040 microcontroller ????

--- End quote ---

in software like it has been done for decades (and still is) in the numerous MCUs that doesn't have any special filter hardware
FMAC is a special feature of few newer STM32s

odd question really, how do you suppose the millions of MCUs that doesn't have an FPU do floating  point?

WaveletSea:

--- Quote from: langwadt on September 24, 2021, 10:18:57 pm ---odd question really, how do you suppose the millions of MCUs that doesn't have an FPU do floating  point?

--- End quote ---

Why my question should be odd ?
I was just asking if the top notch of MCU from Rasperry can or can't do such thing ... nothing of odd here,just a simple curiosity from a man who wish to get in to it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version