Electronics > Microcontrollers

Raspberry Pi Pico

<< < (69/69)

dave j:
RP2040's have been added to JLCPCB's parts library. Announcement on the Raspberry Pi site.

ChanceTran:
Hi....That is particularly nice to think concerning what dialects are smarter to utilize it with - I've not contacted MicroPython previously, and to be straightforward I don't know I would. I've accomplished heaps of work on inserted applications throughout the long term and it's constantly been with C, so that is my go-to language for anything this near the metal.

That being said, I was extremely shocked to understand the thing you said about not being extraordinary for timing-basic stuff! I had completely expected/trusted that the pico would be liberated from the bedlam of multi-strung intrudes on that makes exact planning so shakey on the Raspberry Pi, yet I surmise since it has a multicore/string design we can't anticipate that. Which is a disgrace, on the grounds that there's a wide range of clock and touch banging applications that may require it. Be that as it may, on the in addition to side, with the worked in comms peripherals and a DMA, I'm trusting the vast majority of the circumstance basic stuff can be taken care of by devoted equipment.

SiliconWizard:
Not sure I really got what ChanceTran meant overall. So a couple remarks from what I think they might have meant:

- You can absolutely use the RP2040 with C. You can absolutely go 100% bare metal, although the C SDK is not bad, at least for starters! But CMSIS include files are provided, so you can definitely go bare metal right away without the SDK.

- It has only 1 "true" timer, as we said, but has a number of other resources that can be used as such: PWM and PIO. Yes, the PIO is very flexible and you can use its two X and Y registers (per state machine) as 32-bit timer counters, at up to the system clock. So in the end, the fact there's only one dedicated timer is not as limiting as one could initially think. The PIO actually allows to implement cycle-accurate stuff in a fully programmable way, which not a lot of other MCUs allow.

Not sure I got the essence of the rant.

So anyway, curiosity got the best of me, and I finally took the plunge, ordered a couple boards and started evaluating the RP2040 with the C SDK. It confirms that it's an interesting chip with an odd mix of features, but it certainly "beats" most MCUs you can find at this price point, or even at several times the cost in somes cases.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version