Electronics > Microcontrollers

Reading/Writing the Samsung KM28C16-20 2KB EEPROM on the T48(TL866-3G v00.01.27)

(1/2) > >>

jpyeron:
I am beginning to think that I am SOL on reading the KM28C16 on the T48. Either it is not supported or there is no practical way to check every supported IC's datasheet to compare. I cannot even filter by pin count in the Xgpro v12.57.

Looking at

--- Quote from: kerouanton on June 10, 2022, 04:16:11 pm ---Some feedback about my current tests:

- I've checked how XgPro defines the IC list. It's not a text nor a binary file, but an executable DLL called InfoIC2Plus.dll that seems to contain all IC references. Disassembling it shows some function exports (GetDllInfo, GetIcList, GetIcMFC, GetIcStru, GetMfcStru) that seem related to setting the right parameters. So it's not really convenient to alter the DLL and change any parameters (but should be possible in theory).

- The PIC16F1938 has a flash size of 0x4000, but the only similar MCU that I found and used to create the Custom IC is a PIC16F1829 that has only 0x2000 for Flash. That explains why my firmware doesn't work as expected.

- I've checked on the Microchip which PIC MCUs have 0x4000 flash, but all the references I found are not listed on XgPro (16F1519, 16F1939, 16F1527, 16F1947, 16F1518, and 16F1938).

So, has anyone succeeded in flashing a PIC MCU with a flash size > 0x2000 ? I'm beginning to believe the TL866-II Plus and T-56 don't support this flash size, but that seems weird because it's not so difficult to implement.

--- End quote ---
seems to validate that I cannot add a new IC by keying in datasheet details.

I could ask for them to add it, like so: http://forums.xgecu.com/viewthread.php?tid=369&extra=page%3D4

Thoughts?

zilp:

--- Quote from: jpyeron on May 27, 2023, 01:32:41 pm ---I am beginning to think that I am SOL on reading the KM28C16 on the T48. Either it is not supported or there is no practical way to check every supported IC's datasheet to compare. I cannot even filter by pin count in the Xgpro v12.57.

--- End quote ---

Have you considered just doing this the DIY way? Like, some arduino or bluepill or something on a breadboard should be sufficient to read a small parallel EEPROM without too much effort!?

Though the pinout looks like a standard 28C16 pinout, so, if your programmer supports that, it shouldn't really be that difficult to find one of those in the respective selector?!

jpyeron:

--- Quote from: zilp on May 27, 2023, 02:23:00 pm ---
--- Quote from: jpyeron on May 27, 2023, 01:32:41 pm ---I am beginning to think that I am SOL on reading the KM28C16 on the T48. Either it is not supported or there is no practical way to check every supported IC's datasheet to compare. I cannot even filter by pin count in the Xgpro v12.57.

--- End quote ---

Have you considered just doing this the DIY way? Like, some arduino or bluepill or something on a breadboard should be sufficient to read a small parallel EEPROM without too much effort!?

--- End quote ---
Famous last words, but yes - thought about it.

--- Quote from: zilp on May 27, 2023, 02:23:00 pm ---Though the pinout looks like a standard 28C16 pinout, so, if your programmer supports that, it shouldn't really be that difficult to find one of those in the respective selector?!

--- End quote ---

It sorts by manufacture, then part number. List is thousands long. I do not have the experience to say look at part X or Y on a hunch, so I have to pull the datasheet for each.

Both of those choices are at odds with time wife expects me to spend on approved activities. I'll have to find another reader to throw $$$ at  :(

edavid:
Does it support AT28C16 or CAT28C16?

If you are just reading, you don't really need to check datasheets for pinout compatible parts.

zilp:

--- Quote from: jpyeron on May 27, 2023, 06:07:17 pm ---It sorts by manufacture, then part number. List is thousands long. I do not have the experience to say look at part X or Y on a hunch, so I have to pull the datasheet for each.

--- End quote ---

Well, what edavid said, or possibly just do a strings over the DLL mentioned in your quote (assuming you have GNU binutils available somewhere), grep that for 28C16, and then use a search engine of your choice to find the manufacturer ...

--- Quote from: jpyeron on May 27, 2023, 06:07:17 pm ---Both of those choices are at odds with time wife expects me to spend on approved activities. I'll have to find another reader to throw $$$ at  :(

--- End quote ---

I would think that doing it DIY is faster, and in particular more deterministically successful, than an open-ended search for an otherwise ready-made solution? At least assuming that you have some appropriate dev board thingy lying around and the necessary dev tools installed ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version