Author Topic: Reading/Writing ADSP Blackfin flash problems  (Read 1305 times)

Offline FabianTopic starter

• Contributor
Reading/Writing ADSP Blackfin flash problems
« on: September 10, 2019, 04:38:54 pm »
Hi everyone,
maybe someone already read it:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/rigol-dg4000-power-rails-failure-and-firmware-bricked/
I am trying to repair my DG4162 function generator. One problem is the broken firmware of the Blackfin DSP. I was able to get an FT2232H together with the ADI linux toolchain to talk to the DSP. I also figured out how to read/write the flash using urjtag and did it like written in the thread. But writing failed with some verify error. Now out of the sudden I am not even able to read the flash information using detectflash in urjtag. It gives me this error message:
Code: [Select]
jtag> detectflash 0x20000000
dev ID=ff96   man ID=0090
urj_flash_amd_detect: mid 90, did ffbf
error: flash: mid != 0x01
Can someone tell me whats going on and how I properly read/write the flash?

• Contributor
Re: Reading/Writing ADSP Blackfin flash problems
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 06:15:48 pm »
OK, I managed to get rid of the error message. There seems to be an additional hardware fault, causing the reset line of the flash chip to be "not exactly high". Added an additional pull-up an now I can write the flash, verify is also ok.
But I would still like to know what the correct procedure is to read/write the full flash? I had a deeper look into the 16M file I read from the device. It is actually 16 times the same data of 1M. So I am not reading the full flash. Is that not possible? Why is the flash file of the dg4000 than that big? What else is in there and where does it goes? Any insight in the data/instrument would help.

Online tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 03:49:28 pm »
Any insight in the data/instrument would help.

Maybe I can help. Can you send me your flash dump?

Does the flash dump contain the bootloader at the beginning? If so, can you start up the unit?

Edit:

Is this your flash dump?
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/rigol-dg4000-power-rails-failure-and-firmware-bricked/msg2677233/#msg2677233
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 03:57:39 pm by tv84 »

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 11:08:10 am »
Yes, thats mine. Sorry for the late reply. Have not played with that problem for a long time and did not turn on notification.

Offline jackthomson43

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 12:48:40 pm »
Btw there's no need to reply now .... after 4 months, he must have forgot that thread by now. seems like its about Embedded Systems.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 12:53:07 am by jackthomson43 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf