Electronics > Microcontrollers

RT1052 compatibility with RT1062.

(1/2) > >>

luiHS:

Hello
I'm doing software development with Teensy 4, to later make my own boards for the final product. The problem is that there is currently no RT1062 in stock from any vendor, and there are not likely to be until 2024.

Does anyone know if I could use the RT1052 to run programs made for the Teensy 4, or compile RT1062 sources for the RT1052?

SiliconWizard:
From what I can tell, the RT105x and RT106x series are essentially the same, except that the latter has more RAM and more peripherals. If the amount of RAM and the available peripherals in the RT1052 fit your requirements, then it should be a matter of porting the build (to select the right target) and link (for the right linker script/startup code/etc) files to the RT1052 and rebuilding. They are even pin-compatible AFAIK if you use the same package.

Are you using the NXP SDK?

luiHS:

--- Quote from: SiliconWizard on August 15, 2022, 06:05:02 pm ---From what I can tell, the RT105x and RT106x series are essentially the same, except that the latter has more RAM and more peripherals. If the amount of RAM and the available peripherals in the RT1052 fit your requirements, then it should be a matter of porting the build (to select the right target) and link (for the right linker script/startup code/etc) files to the RT1052 and rebuilding. They are even pin-compatible AFAIK if you use the same package.

--- End quote ---

The main problem is that for the developments I use Teensy 4, and it uses the Arduino environment with the Teensy libraries. Porting all of that to MCUXpresso seems complex.

If the only important difference is the amount of RAM, there should be no problem, my programs will never exceed those 512K of the RT1052. What I don't know is whether internally the memory addresses of the peripherals coincide in both or are very different.

SiliconWizard:

--- Quote from: luiHS on August 15, 2022, 06:18:55 pm ---
--- Quote from: SiliconWizard on August 15, 2022, 06:05:02 pm ---From what I can tell, the RT105x and RT106x series are essentially the same, except that the latter has more RAM and more peripherals. If the amount of RAM and the available peripherals in the RT1052 fit your requirements, then it should be a matter of porting the build (to select the right target) and link (for the right linker script/startup code/etc) files to the RT1052 and rebuilding. They are even pin-compatible AFAIK if you use the same package.

--- End quote ---

The main problem is that for the developments I use Teensy 4, and it uses the Arduino environment with the Teensy libraries. Porting all of that to MCUXpresso seems complex.

--- End quote ---

This is why I asked about the NXP SDK. The part about Arduino on those, I know nothing, but I strongly suggest asking the guy behind the Teensy boards, Paul Stoffregen.
You can try opening a ticket about that here: https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/cores

luiHS:

--- Quote from: SiliconWizard on August 15, 2022, 06:24:17 pm ---This is why I asked about the NXP SDK. The part about Arduino on those, I know nothing, but I strongly suggest asking the guy behind the Teensy boards, Paul Stoffregen.
You can try opening a ticket about that here: https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/cores

--- End quote ---

Yes, I already asked in the Teensy forum, they answer me that initially the Teensy 4 boards were made for the RT1052, but that finally it was changed to the RT1062 and all support for the RT1052 was removed, it will not work.

In principle, the only thing that could cause problems is that the memory addresses of ports and peripherals are different. There is a file in the Arduino environment for Teensy that defines all these addresses, I can check and change them if needed.

Another problem could be the definition of the clock, PLL settings, multipliers and dividers. Although both being Cortex M7 at 600Mhz, I think they will be the same.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version