Electronics > Microcontrollers

Starting with STM32 (NUCLEO-L412KB)

(1/43) > >>

Picuino:
I have purchased a NUCLEO-L412KB board with a STM32L412KBU6 microcontroller.
After installing the IDE (STM32CubeIDE 1.3.0) I don't know where to start to do something as simple as turning on a led.
Is there any way to load a sample project to work with?
This is the page of the product in st.com: https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/nucleo-l412kb.html

Product data brief: https://www.st.com/resource/en/data_brief/nucleo-l412kb.pdf

coromonadalix:
you could start with arduino v2.xx and install all stm32 librairies / boards ...   download and install "stm32programmer"  ,  not the same as stm32 cube

when you have all ready, com port and port type selected ....    you can use arduino examples on stm32  without problems

i use nucleo L432KC and nucleo144-F412ZG boards like this ...

you use the integrated st-link  of the nucleo boards for the programming interface

dietert1:
For a family like STM32L4xx they have a repository with HAL drivers and that repository includes lots of sample projects. For me the repository got installed when using CubeMX to create a new project. I mean in CubeMX you can select the board you have to create a new project for that board. Then the proper repository will be downloaded and installed on the local computer. After that you can select one of the sample projects.
I don't use their IDE but EWARM. Probably you can invoke CubeMX from inside the IDE.

Regards, Dieter

Picuino:

--- Quote from: coromonadalix on April 29, 2024, 06:51:41 pm ---you could start with arduino v2.xx and install all stm32 librairies / boards ...   download and install "stm32programmer"  ,  not the same as stm32 cube

when you have all ready, com port and port type selected ....    you can use arduino examples on stm32  without problems

i use nucleo L432KC and nucleo144-F412ZG boards like this ...

you use the integrated st-link  of the nucleo boards for the programming interface

--- End quote ---

When uploading the program to the board it asks me for the file STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe

Picuino:
I have added to the PATH the path where the application STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe was located and now it does not give the previous error.
Now it gives this error:

--- Code: ---Sketch uses 13016 bytes (2%) of program storage space. Maximum is 524288 bytes.
Global variables use 1300 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 162540 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 163840 bytes.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                       STM32CubeProgrammer v2.16.0                 
      -------------------------------------------------------------------

ST-LINK SN  : 066AFF575056716587092913
ST-LINK FW  : V2J36M26
Board       : NUCLEO-L412KB
Voltage     : 3.26V
SWD freq    : 4000 KHz
Connect mode: Under Reset
Reset mode  : Hardware reset
Error: Unable to list supported devices
Error: Cannot identify the device