Electronics > Microcontrollers

STM 32F4 stack overflow protection

<< < (5/5)

peter-h:
Turns out that despite having a login to the ST site I don't have access to creating tickets, and need to ask my "community manager" to get that, so who is going to bother?

On the original topic, I will try to write some code which dumps the CCM as "character graphics" to a VT100 terminal, slowly. It would also be easy to have an RTOS task which examines some stack locations for nonzero values and warns, or increments a counter. One could do the same in the IDE, with breakpoints with a counter, on these locations, to see how far the stack has grown, without stopping the system.

It is possible that this is where the expensive Stegger debuggers (an early thread of mine, inconclusive as to what they do that worth having) might have an advantage, because they claim to run a lot faster.

newbrain:

--- Quote from: peter-h on May 17, 2021, 06:30:12 am ---Turns out that despite having a login to the ST site I don't have access to creating tickets

--- End quote ---
I'm puzzled, I never had to ask for any special permissions or contact anyone.
But things might have changed since I registered.

In the picture, the form I get clicking on Support, then "Support Request - via web form".

peter-h:
That's funny. I emailed them about this. The reply was "Thanks to please confirm is this related to manufacturing domain" to which i replied I am just an old engineer, not  familiar with modern corporate lingo :)

Today, it works and the above form comes up :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version