Electronics > Microcontrollers

Trying to identify this Chinese microcontroller

(1/1)

LarryR:
I recently purchased a micro-controlled AM/FM/SW receiver board from Aliexpress and although the board works, the Am band only has European 9KHz steps.
I need North American 10KHz steps and want to edit the FW.

The uP on the board is a YA3018B that controls a BK1088 radio chip.
An image of the chip is attached.

There are programming pads on the board (photo below) but they are not identified in any way.
I have searched high and low without finding anything about this micro.
I created a partial schematic of the board as well.

Any ideas?

thanks!
...Larry

PCB.Wiz:
Google finds one reference to YA3018B on a 8051 website, so you could search for 8051 vendors with TQFP32 package parts and similar pin mapping.
Check the VDD and VSS pins and then check the 32Khz Osc pins, as those tend to be fixed.

Note that there is a high chance the code is locked, in the part,  so  "edit the FW." may take more effort than you think.

LarryR:
Thanks. I've looked at matching up the dedicated pins on various lqfp32 uP devices but haven't found anything yet.
There is a wealth of info on using an ATmega328 to drive the BK1088 so I can always go that route.

amyk:
AT89C5131 at least has the oscillator pins in the right place.

LarryR:
Well, it's definitly not an ST uP clone of any kind. I just tried my STLink on the 3 (what appear to be) programming pins, in various combinations and nada.
Pin 1 is GND and pin 32 is Vdd. Pins 2-3 are the xtal.
That's all I have so far.
I've been pouring through various 8/16/32 bit uP pinouts but nothing matches so it' was probably a custom or cheap domestic Chinese no-name uP.

Oh - and for those who have this radio, you can get it to work while charging the battery by lifting pin 4 of the processor and tying it high to pin 32 through a 2K res.
The display will always show a full battery but at least it won't turn off the radio when you plug in a USB conn.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version