Author Topic: Using a 2.8in SPI LCD Touchscreen ILI9341 with an ESP32 on Platformio  (Read 619 times)

Offline jcrubinTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • Technocoma
Today well be interfacing the 2.8 inch SPI LCD Touchscreen with the ILI9341 chipset to an ESP32 using the current release of Platformio, taking advantage of both display and touchscreen features, though well skip the SD card as its just an addon to the board not directly connected to these systems.  I have a separate video for SD card interfacing.  Out setup will not be powered through the ESP32 so I'm setting up an HW-131, a well known cheap DC power supply for this task.

First I'll make sure that TDT_ESPI library is installed into this example project. Ive updated platformio.ini to set the monitor speed.

Following library installation, within the project pio and libdeps folder some library configurations will be made in support of out device.  In particular, setup 42 will be addressed in a few files.  Once these changes are made the physical wiring will be made between the two devices as demonstrated in the video. 

In PlatformIO, I first attempt an easy example, copying from examples into the source folder from under the 320x240 sub folder to ensure correct operation and wiring of the device, the example is working correctly.  Following this, a touchscreen example is loaded for testing, we can see that it does not compile, but I show why Arduino IDE examples do not always work out of the box, once modified for platformio, it proves to also work correctly, completing this demonstration.

CVM CATAPVLTAE PROSCRIPTAE ERVNT TVM SOLI PROSCRIPTI CATAPVLTAS HABEBVNT

https://www.youtube.com/c/jordanrubin6502

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf