Electronics > Microcontrollers

Yeah.. which micro?

<< < (17/17)

DavidAlfa:
Damn, I hate black PCBs....
Never understood that, they look cheap and dirty.

james_s:
I quite like them, I've used black PCBs in a few projects where the PCB was going to be visible and I think black looks quite nice. In this case though who cares? It's a development board, I struggle to think of a way the PCB color would be relevant at all.

westfw:

--- Quote ---It's a development board, I struggle to think of a way the PCB color would be relevant at all.
--- End quote ---
For some types of "development", it's nice to be able to see the tracks clearly, so you can trace signals and check against the way the circuit is supposed to be.I personally would avoid black, white, and other "opaque" soldermasks on boards where the board itself is being "developed."  (but I don't dislike them on "done" boards, unless I'm needing to reverse-engineer something.)

Siwastaja:
Yeah, black is the worst in development boards because actual development often involves doing quick everyday reverse-engineering tasks (just quickly see where the traces go, that's quicker than trying to look if the manuals explain this), or even small modifications to the board.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version