Products > Networking & Wireless

WD My Book Live and TrueNAS

<< < (3/3)

dobsonr741:
Are the WD drives the external USB kind? TrueNAS needs internal drives. Some externals can be “shucked”, but not all has the proper SATA interface. Google “Shuck WD”

Southerner:

--- Quote from: dobsonr741 on April 04, 2023, 11:36:54 pm ---Are the WD drives the external USB kind? TrueNAS needs internal drives. Some externals can be “shucked”, but not all has the proper SATA interface. Google “Shuck WD”

--- End quote ---
No, the drives are internal and not usb. That is what makes it so hard as I can not just put in another drive. There used to be a drive image for setting up the WD Live drive.  I wanted to go to a 4tb drive in the WD NAS but the biggest image I could find was 3tb.  I think the 3tb image could be dropped on the drive and then some utility could be used to expand that partition but after Western Digital gave me the run around and refused to honor their user discount despite it still being posted on several of their web pages and on their auto message on the phone I went to the Buffalo.  Now I just have to get the data onto  the Buffalo.  I did buy EaseUS copy utility and will try that.

50ShadesOfDirt:
There are zillions of tools out there, but for sync'ing vast amounts of data from A to B, I use DirSyncPro ... java-based, and is fairly simple. Install, analyze, sync ...

You can delete A later, once DirSyncPro verifies that B matches ... Many other sync strategies in it as well.

Hope this helps ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version