Author Topic: EEVblog Server Reboot  (Read 4936 times)

Offline EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
EEVblog Server Reboot
« on: October 03, 2017, 06:11:47 am »
The server is about the rebooted for installation of some new backup software. The forum will be down for a bit.

Offline gnif

• Administrator
Re: EEVblog Server Reboot
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 08:48:27 am »
The reboot was just performed successfully, about 8 minutes of total downtime. This was performed under advisement by HostGator to lift some network limitations they had in place which were causing issues with the new backup solution.

And before anyone asks why... I honestly don't know why for certain, but if I was to guess it might be because HG have Dave's server running as a VPS on a dedicated server (ie, dedicated only to Dave) and the restrictions may have been on the VPS instance itself.

Edit: Confirmed, we are now seeing excellent throughput to the backup system.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 09:13:28 am by gnif »

The following users thanked this post: EEVblog

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 09:26:24 am »
We just had the same on some AWS boxes. Might be related to embargoed stuff here being slid in quietly too: https://xenbits.xen.org/xsa/

Offline gnif

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 09:41:09 am »
We just had the same on some AWS boxes. Might be related to embargoed stuff here being slid in quietly too: https://xenbits.xen.org/xsa/

Unlikely as the reboot has only improved throughput to the one host we notified them about, all other comms are performing the same as before.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf