Author Topic: forum modification  (Read 1126 times)

Offline strawberryTopic starter

• Super Contributor
forum modification
« on: May 10, 2022, 03:39:29 pm »
when uploaded 8/6/4K trivial images like(resistor color code, ... some informative image) that sometimes take up multiple posts, inconvenient to open them due to size and speed
high res. images good for teardowns, large/medium schematics, some complicated issue

most display can display 2K anyway

I use MS Paint to downsize photos, (original monochrome schematic JPG 9x6K 2.8MB) reduces size down to some 200KB and image size/resolution is still within 2K and readable

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
Re: forum modification
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 03:43:01 pm »
Is this a question, a proposition, a statement, a tutorial on how to resize pages?

Your post is quite disconnected.

Are you proposing a modification to the forum so it resizes images automatically? If so, IIRC this was evaluated by the sysops and there were either pitfalls to it or were considered too obtrusive.
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline MarkF

• Super Contributor
Re: forum modification
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 04:59:06 pm »
My daily driver is a Laptop with a 1080p display.

When uploading images, I Photoshop the images chopping to the area of interest and limiting the file size to less than 500KB.
I always save the images as PNG files because PNG compression is lossless, thus avoiding the artifacts of a JPG.

Also, my 'forum dark style' forces the image size to be reduced to fit on my display.
F.Y.I. - Images with a file size over 1MB, I refuse to look at.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf