EEVblog > News/Suggestions/Help

[Solved] Help in splitting thread into two

(1/3) > >>

oliv3r:
Dear admin/dave.

Our thread got a bit derailed (my fault-ish) and would like to split this forum post (and everything after it) into its own thread.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/low-cost-logic-analyzer-probe-for-rigol-mso5000-easyeda-project/msg5097933/#msg5097933

Should be possible with SMF as far as I understand, but only you have the power?

https://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/software/smf/split-topics/

People are getting upset for hijacking their precious thread and I don't want to loose the history of what was discussed :)

Thanks!!

tggzzz:
Would it be better if you started a new topic (or topics) containing a summary of what you have learned from the existing topic?

You could include pointers from the various topics to the others, so that the all-important context isn't lost.

oliv3r:
While that's extra work, it certainly is an option! But if a mod can click the 'split' button; that'd be much less work :)

Also, 'hijacking' a thread is an unintended thing; and once it has happened, and there's more posts about the hijacked content ... well who knows :p

thm_w:
The problem is the mod has to go through and figure out which posts are and aren't related to yours.

Honestly not too sure why you posted in there as your option is not low cost, we had another thread with various high-spec LMH7324 designs (ribbon, usbc, some others).

oliv3r:

--- Quote from: thm_w on January 26, 2024, 10:37:27 pm ---The problem is the mod has to go through and figure out which posts are and aren't related to yours.

--- End quote ---
Sure, except in this case, no. There was a very clean 'break' when the topic was hijacked :) All conversation (except some mud-throwing) was all ontopic since! So doing the split can be done very cleanly. Leave the mudslinging as is, no problem.

--- Quote from: thm_w on January 26, 2024, 10:37:27 pm ---Honestly not too sure why you posted in there as your option is not low cost, we had another thread with various high-spec LMH7324 designs (ribbon, usbc, some others).

--- End quote ---
Not sure this is the right place to discuss content :p But I'll bite anyway.

What makes you say the option is not low cost? Lets exclude the cost of the raw PCB, as you can get 10x10 4 layers for €2,- from pcbway. So the chips are expensive? There's an OPTION for LMH7324, an OPTION for LMH7322 and an OPTION for SNV65. You don't HAVE to get all of them, and the SNV65 option certainly is cheap. So then the only 'costly' thing would be the HDMI connectors, which was just the entire point of the excersize. So cost-wise, I argue they are about equally 'cheap' and deff. low-cost compared to the original.

Yes, there's a ribbon variant, a USB-C variant, and now a HDMI variant. The other variants where inspiration and credited the authors.

Regardless, I'd love to have a thread where we can continue this conversation :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version