EEVblog > News/Suggestions/Help

Images overhaul? How about clipboard paste?

<< < (4/4)

Zero999:
Testing shift+insert paste.

EDIT:
That's interesting. I tried copying and pasting a smilie into the rich text editor. It appeared, but didn't show up in the post. I went back to edit the post, only to discover, the forum software had put it through a binary to text converter and put the text in between two img tags, which don't work.
Reply to this post, using the quote button, to see the text. Obviously, use the standard text, not rich text editor.

Browser: Firefox

Attached is a PNG of the smilie.

ebastler:

--- Quote from: Zero999 on September 17, 2023, 06:37:42 pm ---Testing shift+insert paste.

--- End quote ---

Don't!! As you have eloquently explained, that functionality is evil!

;)

T3sl4co1l:

--- Quote from: Zero999 on September 16, 2023, 01:37:42 pm ---It sounds like a bad idea, unless it's smart enough to decide what format to use and reduce the colour depth, if necessary, for optimal bandwidth.

--- End quote ---

:-DD :-DD :-DD

As if anyone paid any attention to that already. :P

Tim

Zero999:

--- Quote from: T3sl4co1l on September 17, 2023, 09:58:08 pm ---
--- Quote from: Zero999 on September 16, 2023, 01:37:42 pm ---It sounds like a bad idea, unless it's smart enough to decide what format to use and reduce the colour depth, if necessary, for optimal bandwidth.

--- End quote ---

:-DD :-DD :-DD

As if anyone paid any attention to that already. :P

Tim

--- End quote ---
I do. Most of my attachments are 1-bit or 4-bit per pixel, no transparancy, PNGs. True, most people don't bother to go to such lengths, but do appropriately choose either PNG or JPEG. There still are a good number of fuzzy schematics saved in JPEG and overly large PNGs, which are annoying.

paulca:
When people were worried about image bandwidth, users had 56kbps connections and 1080p jpegs took 5 seconds to download.  Downloading a 1 minute video for the web too half an hour.

Now a childs toy phone can play a 4k video live over wireless.

In the case of WordPress the feature (CTRL+V) to past an image, creates a 50x50 thumbnail, a picture the size you resize it to in the post and the full size image.

I produced said images with "PrintScreen", draw box, double click... go to WordPress, CTRL+V.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version