EEVblog > News/Suggestions/Help

My thread has been locked in a high-handed manner.

(1/5) > >>

diycounterespionage:
My thread asking about list of components and circuit layout has been locked in a high-handed manner. The topic of the thread is not a violation of any rules of this forum.

But it was derailed by other users with talks about ethics and stealing, to which I replied with justified arguments, like what is stealing from stealer? When they have built their things on stolen things, they have no moral right to talk about stealing, etc.

But a moderator who claims to be from UK, has locked my thread in a high-handed manner. Who are other moderators and admins on this site, he is wrong for locking the thread and it must be unlocked.

Gyro:
Thank you for your charming PM, in which you described me (and Simon) as a scumbag. I'm sure the appropriate action will follow shortly. [EDIT: and as you mentioned them in such insulting terms, my ancestors were coal miners in the North of England].

To return to your OP. There is no way that anyone could reverse engineer that device from those photos. Maybe you can take more, at different angles, and measure all of the passive components (as they are unmarked). The IC part numbers are invisible too.

Kean:

--- Quote from: diycounterespionage on April 26, 2022, 10:23:45 am ---he is wrong for locking the thread and it must be unlocked.

--- End quote ---

On what basis do you make such demands?
What have you contributed to give you any special rights here?

I suggest you spend some time learning how things work rather than expecting others to do everything for you.
And maybe start asking people nicely for help, rather than demanding things.

gnif:

--- Quote from: diycounterespionage on April 26, 2022, 10:23:45 am ---My thread asking about list of components and circuit layout has been locked in a high-handed manner. The topic of the thread is not a violation of any rules of this forum.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: diycounterespionage on April 25, 2022, 04:54:40 pm ---You have Iceland's flag and you are insulted as if you are from US, are you ashamed of being from USA?

--- End quote ---

Shaming a user because of their stated origin is NOT acceptable and is in violation of rule #2 (https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/forum-rules-please-read/). Racism here will NOT be tolerated.

Asking members to potentially illegally reverse engineer a commercial product to create a copy is a violation of rule #6. In many countries including here in Australia, it is illegal to reverse engineer a product unless it's for interoperability, open sourcing the schematics for someone elses commercial product is not for "interoperability".

Rule #7, moderators can remove ANY topic deemed to be "potentially illegal information". Simon made the right decision here to lock your thread, if it were me I would have also issued you a warning for the above rule violations, which you have now earned yourself for this thread and the PM that was sent.

--- Quote from: diycounterespionage on April 26, 2022, 10:23:45 am ---But a moderator who claims to be from UK, has locked my thread in a high-handed manner.

--- End quote ---

What does the fact that Simon claims to be from the UK have anything at all to do with any of this?
Again: Racism here will NOT be tolerated.

--- Quote from: diycounterespionage on April 26, 2022, 10:23:45 am ---Who are other moderators and admins on this site, he is wrong for locking the thread and it must be unlocked.

--- End quote ---

He is not wrong, you are, period. This forum is not a democracy.

--- Quote ---You have no right NOT to be offended by something someone says. If you don't understand this, read it again until it sinks in.

--- End quote ---

As for your claim to being 50c worth of parts... what about the hours of R&D to create the device and any software it might be programmed with? The time & cost in getting sales approval, setting up a supply and manufacture chain... the total cost of parts may be 50c, but the total cost to produce may be in the thousands, and seeing as it's a niche device, the creator is not expected to sell a lot of them to recuperate their costs.

Microsoft Windows costs nothing to copy it, but millions to develop it, does that mean they are overcharging for it? Wake up and stop being so naive.

tggzzz:

--- Quote from: diycounterespionage on April 26, 2022, 10:23:45 am ---My thread asking about list of components and circuit layout has been locked in a high-handed manner. The topic of the thread is not a violation of any rules of this forum.

But it was derailed by other users with talks about ethics and stealing, to which I replied with justified arguments, like what is stealing from stealer? When they have built their things on stolen things, they have no moral right to talk about stealing, etc.

But a moderator who claims to be from UK, has locked my thread in a high-handed manner. Who are other moderators and admins on this site, he is wrong for locking the thread and it must be unlocked.

--- End quote ---

Those comments are something a self-entitled twit would write. Gnif's and Simon's comments are appropriate.

IMHO (which is irrelevant, of course!) the other thread was correctly locked.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version