EEVblog > News/Suggestions/Help

New Forum Needed

(1/4) > >>

Randy222:
Is there a forum for laser platforms like glowforge, xtool, creality falcon 2, etc.

If not, would be neat to have a forum just for these tools.

Zero999:
I've never heard of them and had to Google.

I disagree. If anything, we need a simulation/CAD software forum, as it's something most people here all use, rather than some obscure as a laser engraver.

tggzzz:

--- Quote from: Randy222 on February 14, 2024, 08:30:54 pm ---Is there a forum for laser platforms like glowforge, xtool, creality falcon 2, etc.

If not, would be neat to have a forum just for these tools.

--- End quote ---

Being "neat" is not sufficient :)

What benefits would there be?
How else could those benefits be achieved?
What are the disadvantages?

There's no point in considering a sub forum until there are a large number of threads on a topic. Even then, a sub forum has to be weighed against "ghettoisation" and the enticement for newbies to double post in different sub forums.

CatalinaWOW:
I agree that the need is not compelling.  I have a laser cutter, and find it a fun and useful tool, but far less relevant to the other content of this forum than 3D printing which has earned a home here

There is a great deal of material on this subject in YouTube videosifthe OP wants to learn about/compare these things

Randy222:
As many hacks that go on with scopes, or defects in functionality, or comparing features for just about any other device, the same applies to the laser platforms too.
5-diode 40w vs the 2-diode 20w head unit, firmware hacks, stepper motor swaps and controls.

There's countless discussions to have over the various laser cutting & engraving tools. It's really no different than "3D Printing" forum, in terms of users discussing specific things related to the forum title.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version