EEVblog > News

New Off Topic Hobbies Section

<< < (7/8) > >>

beanflying:
Metrology sort of makes sense for those topics? If you want a collected index of existing ones maybe write it and ask to have it made a sticky?

Tomorokoshi:

--- Quote from: beanflying on February 17, 2021, 02:42:22 am ---Metrology sort of makes sense for those topics? If you want a collected index of existing ones maybe write it and ask to have it made a sticky?

--- End quote ---

Metrology would make sense if the question were about, let's say, the use of the calibrated antenna, spectrum analyzer, or such equipment. However, if the question were about some detail in standards such as IEC 61000 or CISPR 16 then would that fall under Projects, Manufacturing, or maybe even Beginners?

I've seen questions related to standards and agencies when it comes to regional safety, regulations for transmitters such as Bluetooth, where the problem isn't how the electrically interface with it, but how to guide the product through testing and certification.

There are also questions related to RoHS and CE marking. With Brexit there is now UKCA, and all sorts of administrative trouble related to it. Approvals for China has also been changing over the last few years.

Perhaps a better title would be "Standards, Regulations, Agencies, and Certification" to describe the it.

beanflying:
I didn't register the numbers as being product standards I only saw the first bit on Testing and standards.

As they vary across the world I can see a lot of couch exspurt comments in the threads in that sort of section already  :palm: RoHs is already a complete dogs breakfast around the planet.

SilverSolder:

--- Quote from: beanflying on February 17, 2021, 04:54:42 am ---I didn't register the numbers as being product standards I only saw the first bit on Testing and standards.

As they vary across the world I can see a lot of couch exspurt comments in the threads in that sort of section already  :palm: RoHs is already a complete dogs breakfast around the planet.

--- End quote ---

Things like RoHs can be fixed if experts reach out to politicians...  it isn't going to happen by itself, or by waiting for corporate interests to get it right.

beanflying:
Pointless reaching out to 'politicians' in Country or EU X. Australia's ROHS is nothing like an EU ROHS so rehashing that BS ad infinitum here at this stage us and NZ don't. This and similar rabbitholes would go political/economic/green/corporation and be in general a bad idea.

Standards are similarly Country/EU based discussions and as I mentioned earlier would only encourage couchsperts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version