EEVblog > News/Suggestions/Help

New Off Topic Hobbies Section

<< < (13/19) > >>

Nominal Animal:

--- Quote from: magic on December 02, 2021, 09:38:40 am ---
--- Quote from: Nominal Animal on December 02, 2021, 08:15:18 am ---But seriously, do you really want to cater to visitors who would be overwhelmed by a single flat list of categories?

--- End quote ---
Yes.
Halcyon was regularly moving threads from "general chat" to "computing", some of them started by long time users. As the list grows longer, fewer people will bother reading all of it.

--- End quote ---
Ah; so members already were overwhelmed (if that's the right word to use; no negative connotations implied, as this is about usability).  I wasn't aware of that.

(In case it is not clear, I am/was genuinely wondering about it.  I don't have an opinion on this, only vague suspicions I already voiced.)

Ian.M:
On the front page, its not obvious that 'Computers' contains 'Embedded Computing' which is a problem because the description of:

--- Quote ---Microcontrollers
General discussions about microcontroller hardware or software. Use the Embedded Computer section for single board computers like RPi etc
--- End quote ---
refers to it.  Its probably easiest to fix it  to something like "... the Computer: Embedded Computing section ..." though it would also be worth mentioning SBCs in:

--- Quote ---Computers
PC's, Macs, Tablets, phone thingoes etc
--- End quote ---

Ranayna:
While you are at it: Fix the "Click Here to Subscribe" link in the description of the Supporters Lounge, or remove it. It does not do anything for quite some time now.
Other than that: I like the new structure.

tautech:

--- Quote from: Ranayna on December 02, 2021, 01:55:47 pm ---While you are at it: Fix the "Click Here to Subscribe" link in the description of the Supporters Lounge, or remove it. It does not do anything for quite some time now.
Other than that: I like the new structure.

--- End quote ---
Not visible to me and FYI with 1k posts or Supporter status you have rights to access the Supporters Lounge.

Ranayna:
Oh, i was not aware that the description actually changes when you are an active supporter.
As far as i know, originally, that link redirected to a paypal donation feature. But for a looong time now, the link just redirects to your profile. I have attached a picture. My mousecursor is not visible, but i'm hovering over the link, the target is shown in the statusbar.

For reference, the target of the Link as well:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=subscriptions

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version