EEVblog > News/Suggestions/Help

New Off Topic Hobbies Section

<< < (14/19) > >>

tautech:

--- Quote from: Ranayna on December 02, 2021, 05:53:23 pm ---Oh, i was not aware that the description actually changes when you are an active supporter.
As far as i know, originally, that link redirected to a paypal donation feature. But for a looong time now, the link just redirects to your profile. I have attached a picture. My mousecursor is not visible, but i'm hovering over the link, the target is shown in the statusbar.

For reference, the target of the Link as well:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=subscriptions

--- End quote ---
Dave accepts donations on his main EEVblog site that qualify for Supporter Status and therefore access to the forum Supporter Lounge:
https://www.eevblog.com/donations/
BUT, I do now offer an automatic supporters section of the forum for donations over $25/year. So if you want that added extra, please donate through HERE (link) instead.

Ranayna:
I know :)
But that Paypal thing did not really work for me, when a couple of years ago i donated 50 bucks, even though i mentioned my forum name.  :-//
I remember opening a thread about that back then, but nothing came of it, except thatthe Paypal donate is not really supported anymore for donations.

I already reported the not working link on the supporters section back then, but again, nothing came of it. Now that a restructuring happed, maybe it would be a good opportunity to fix or remove it ;)

EDIT: I just checked the donation page, found the sentence you quoted, and surprise: That is actually the same not working link as on the description of the supporters section.

tautech:

--- Quote from: Ranayna on December 03, 2021, 01:24:17 pm ---I know :)
But that Paypal thing did not really work for me, when a couple of years ago i donated 50 bucks, even though i mentioned my forum name.  :-//
I remember opening a thread about that back then, but nothing came of it, except thatthe Paypal donate is not really supported anymore for donations.

I already reported the not working link on the supporters section back then, but again, nothing came of it. Now that a restructuring happed, maybe it would be a good opportunity to fix or remove it ;)

EDIT: I just checked the donation page, found the sentence you quoted, and surprise: That is actually the same not working link as on the description of the supporters section.

--- End quote ---
OK, notified Dave using the best direct method by reporting your post and he'll have a read and hopefully sort it out.

RoGeorge:
What a mess, please undo it Dave!   :palm:

Halcyon:
The above has been noted. Waiting for a response directly from Dave.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version